Friday, May 5, 2023

Growing In Unity Day Five

 


Welcome back to Growing In Unity Day 5 and Happy Cinco de Mayo! I can't believe our week has come to an end, but nothing lasts forever they say! I almost forgot to type my post last night since I type them out the night before. I was watching a movie on Amazon Prime- Love, Sarah, and remembered I haven't typed my blog entry yet. Oops! I'm not crazy, I'm really not! I'm human and just caught myself. LOL! I decided to add a sentiment to the inside of this card. I used ...so glad you were born February 2016 Sentiment Kit by Lisa Arana. I used My Favorite Things Extreme Black hybrid ink pad for the cupcake image and Ranger Archival Jet Black ink pad on both sentiments. I'm going to give this to my nephew in a couple weeks for his 5th birthday. I colored in the cupcake with Spectrum Noir Duo Colour and TriBlend Markers and used Spectrum Noir Metallic Silver Ingot Marker to accent the middle icing layer. I forgot to mention that if you use Spectrum Noir Markers you have to use Art Liner pens on whatever image you use first before you color it. It helps with the blending and the lighting. I took a class with Academy of Colour and learned that. I need to practice more on the blending. The paper is from The Stamps of Life. I'm not sure what the color is called possibly blue jay? I'm bad at remembering the color of card stock from them. I used to be a club member, but since I'm unemployed I'm no longer a club member since I can't afford it. I have a lot of their product and will use it until I run out! The bling is from KSCRAFT Mixed Colors. I really have enjoyed this week with you all! This is the most I have used my blog in some time. I remember when blogging was more popular. I used to be in blog hops, but you don't see many of those anymore either. I've got to scrap some time today or at least make a Taco card to celebrate Cinco de Mayo! I will blog about it Saturday and pick my winners for $20 gift credit to Unity Stamp Company. I hope you all have a good weekend and a great International Scrapbooking Day tomorrow! I can't wait to do some scrappin' myself or at least start a layout and watch the Kentucky Derby. I won't be getting up at 5am to watch King Charles' coronation, but will watch it later if it is available. Please become a follower of my blog if you want to or just pop in occasionally since I don't usually blog everyday. Love, Sarah is a pretty good movie, I didn't appreciate the language in it. Take care.

10 comments:

karen adams said...

Adorable

JaMac said...

Cute card. You can never have enough birthday cards. :)

Debbie Farrell said...

Yummy cupcake! Thanks for sharing with us this week!

Unknown said...

Happy little cupcake! Hopefully your nephew won't try to eat it!

Unknown said...

Oops! Last comment was from me -- Chris Shuman )Not sure why Google doesn't use my name. I'm signed in.)

Linda said...

A cupcake is perfect for a 5 yr old!! Love the colors!

Glennis F said...

A cute card for a little one, I'm sure they all love cupcakes

Kathy Dippner said...

Adorable card! Thank you for sharing your creativity this week.

Denise Bryant said...

Such a cute cupcake! Fun birthday card!
I enjoyed your GIU cards this week! Thanks for sharing them with us!

Michelle said...

Cute card
Thanks for sharing!

Congratulations Winners

      Congratulations to Teresa Godines and 2 suns- winners from my GIU week last week. Please email Kelli Haglund (kelli@unitystampco.com) ...