Thursday, May 9, 2019

National Scrapbooking Month

I've made the following cards and layouts starting National Scrapbook Day up until now. I have one more to share in a Tea Time Blog Hop on Saturday see the side bar for more information and the starting point.
I made this layout for a Random Word Challenge- RW31 with Soul Scrappers. The random word is water so I chose Pamlico River as my subject of the page. The title- Warm Tropical Sun- is from Authentique Utopia 12 x 12" Scrapbook and Sticker set. The background paper is from K& Company Que Sera Sera 12 x 12" Scrapbook Pad. I tore it too fast out of the pad, but that's what makes the layout unique! I typed the journaling out on my computer- Ducks and boats along the boardwalk downtown Washington along the Pamlico River The Christmas decorations were taken off the boat soon after I took the picture. These pictures were taken at the end of December 2018 so Christmas was over.

I used Simple Stories I AM 6 x 6" pad for the background on this card. I just folded 2 different sheets diagonally and cut them down to fit the front of this card. The card base is paper from The Stamps of Life. The stamped image is an Itty Bitty Love One Another from Unity Stamp Company. I stamped the image with Gina K Designs Jet Black Amalgam Ink Pad and colored them in with Color In Water Twist colored pencils and matted it on paper from The Stamps of Life. The washi tape down the middle is from Studio G.

The paper for this card is from The Stamps of Life. I must admit I don't measure my cards, I just use another card to go by as my pattern. The blue green paper is from my stash. The sentiment, mermaid, and water stamped images are all from Spirit of A Mermaid also from Unity Stamp Company. The washi tape is Scotch washi tape that I found at Staples. I colored in the images again with the Color In watercolor pencils. The bling is from my stash.

The background paper is from Creative Memories Hockey 12 x 12" scrapbook pack. I know the layout has nothing to do with hockey, but I don't have many baby or masculine papers. All of the embellishments- the title- Toadally Cute, the love this kid frame, #cute sticker, and let them be little sticker are from Bella Blvd Tiny Tots except the you make me smile sentiment is from Unity Stamp Company Lil' Smartie Pants. The photo mats are from a swap- Elle Studio Family Fun 6 x 6 Loose Paper Pack. The pictures are of my nephew, BG, and me holding him- all taken the last few months of 2018. He will be 1 on May 21 and I'm helping with his birthday party- making cupcakes- on the 18th. He brings so much joy to me and my family!
The paper on this card base is from The Stamps of Life. The stamped images are from The Stamps of Life garden2stamp. I stamped them with Gina K Designs Amalgam Jet Black ink and colored them in with glitter ink pens from my stash. The patterned paper is from Simple Stories I Am 6 x 6" paper pad and the butterfly is from the same sheet it's just the back side. I decided to put it on an angle and only glued half of it down. I'll fold the butterfly down when I mail it or give it away. The twine on the side is Cherry Limeade from Trendy Twine. I distressed the floral patterned paper with Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Tea Dye. I also forgot that I did cut the "water" out from another sheet of Simple Stories I Am. Please join me Saturday for a Tea Time Blog Hop to see my latest card and other Tea Time creations along the hop. I'll be the last stop on the hop, but my blog will be worth the wait! Have a great Thursday!

No comments:

Congratulations Winners

      Congratulations to Teresa Godines and 2 suns- winners from my GIU week last week. Please email Kelli Haglund (kelli@unitystampco.com) ...