Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Mixed Media Challenge

I decided to play around with my Faber Castell Pastel Gelatos and Faber Castell stencils today. I bought a Canson XL Mixed Media 7 x 10 pad from Walmart and I'm entering my page in Bleeding Art January Challenge: Anything Goes. The only stencils that you can see is American Crafts Heidi Swapp Frames Mini Stencil Kit that I traced over with several Sharpie's after I traced them with my gelatos. You can't really see the other stencils I used since I blended everything together. I decided to add 1 Corinthians 13:4-8, 13 since I had love and a heart displayed. I typed the Scripture on my computer and then ran it through my Xyron 1.5 Create A Sticker maker to attach it to the page. I then drew around each block with Sharpie's. It's still not 100% dry so I didn't get the Sharpie's to show up as dark as I would like. I must say I went out of my comfort zone to make this page. I don't like getting messy when I scrap, but once I cleaned up the mess on the dining room table and saw my creation it was worth it! I still have marks from the Sharpie's on my fingertips, but it will wear off. The challenge ends January 31 to feel free to play along! I had planned to use the mixed media pad for something else and changed my mind so I'm glad I saw this challenge!

4 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

This is fabulous, thank you for joining us over a Bleeding Art.
Hugs
Linda xxx
Bleeding Art DT

Cathy F said...

Very colorful page - and great verse! Thanks for joining us at Bleeding Art!

Katie said...

This is lovely and thank you for joining us at the Bleeding Art Challenge

Anonymous said...

I love the colors, so fun! Thanks for joining us at Bleeding Art!

A Day At the Beach

I made this card for a swap yesterday and am just getting around to blogging about it. I'm entering this card in  The Sisterhood of Craf...