Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Happy Birthday

 I made this card for my stepdad's birthday which was yesterday. The card base is Recollections 4.25 x 5. The red background is a 4 x 6 photo mat from Creative Memories Hockey set that I trimmed down to fit the card. The pocket stamp, V line stamp, and the fake money is all from Stampin' Up Pocketful of Sunshine Photopolymer Stamp set. The brads are from a friend in my church that gives me scrap supplies randomly. The yellow paper I used for the pocket stamp is also from Creative Memories. What you can't see behind the pocket is a small paper bag from Recollections that I trimmed down to fit behind the pocket so I wouldn't have to use more brads. The green paper for the fake money is also from Creative Memories. I used VersaFine Onyx Black pigment ink to stamp all the stamps using my Tim Holtz Platform. He liked the card and thought the fake $5 was real for a second! LOL I wrote in the 5. He loves watching football and Washington Redskins so I was trying to stick close to their colors. The happy birthday stamp is from The Stamps of Life butterfly2stamp set. I know the pocket doesn't really fit with the Redskins theme, but I have been wanting to use the pocket stamp set.
This is the inside of the card I made on Sketch #277 Happy Birthday. I decided to add the You are One Cool Chick stamp- from The Stamps of Life farmanimals2stamp and the dies are also from the same set. The card was for my friend, Laura, who works with horses and lives on a farm/ranch. I call it a ranch, because they don't have pigs or chickens. Her anniversary and birthday is the same weekend so I decided to add the horse stamp- also from the same Stamps of Life set- and then used the die to cut it out using my Cuttlebug. I used Making Memories Kraft paper for the farm animals and Recollections Strawberries & Cream for the pig. I think I put the chicken die down wrong, but it can be used with either side up. I used VersaFine Onyx Black pigment ink on these stamps and my Tim Holtz platform as well. Laura and my stepdad's birthdays are both on September 3. I mailed hers last week and hope she has received it by now. I will be participating in a Generations of Love blog hop this Saturday so please be sure to come back and see what we all have to share. Have a great day!

No comments:

Growing In Unity Day 5

 Welcome back to the last day of my Growing In Unity week. I have enjoyed this week and all your kind comments. For my last card, I chose th...