Friday, September 7, 2018

Generations of Love Blog Hop

This is a blog hop featuring projects inspired by our family tree and our Grandparents in honor of National Grandparents Day.
National Grandparents Day is Sunday, September 9th.
This is a weekend hop, but you have until Monday at midnight to finish hopping.
Lorby's World is the blog to start at and she is offering a special prize to one lucky person. All you have to do is hop through all the participants in the blog hop and leave a comment on each of the their blogs. Lorby's World will pick a winner to be announced on Wednesday, September 12th.
Welcome! You should have come from (Shannon https://shannonhdesigns.blogspot.com/).
Here is my project:
I chose a picture from my grandparents' 25th Wedding Anniversary to scrap. All of my grandparents' have passed, but I have many memories of them to hold on to. I know I will see them again one day in heaven. The main patterned paper, photo mat, and title- Cherish are all from Colorbok Signature Paper Family 12 x 12 in Double Sided Paper Pad. I wanted to add a little embellishment, but not too much so I added the word love- Hampton Art Jillibean Soup Wood Veneer Words Today set. I typed my journaling out on my computer- Four generations of love. This picture was taken at Papa and Grandmama James' 25th Wedding Anniversary- August 20,1978. From left to right is me in my dad's arms, my Great Grandmama and Great Granddaddy Futrell- my grandmama's parents, my mom holding Emily- my sister, and my Grandmama James. I was just 2 and Emily was 7 weeks old.
My Papa died in 2004 and my Grandmama remarried in 2012 to Mr. Raffael Farrow. They had 5 years of marriage together before she died this past April. My great-grandparents passed a week apart in 1993. My parents divorced in 1999 and my mom remarried in 2001 to Mr. Ray Bowles. That's all I have to share today. Your next stop is Sue and I'm sure she has something awesome to share!
Thank you for joining us today and please continue on to (Sue https://foleysfriend.blogspot.com/).

FULL LINE UP HERE:

9 comments:

Connie Can Crop said...

Beautiful layout and I loved reading about your family history too!

Shannon H Designs said...

Very pretty.

Golden Goddess Designs said...

very nice layout!

Alicia

foleysfriend said...

Precious scrapbook page. You've done a great job of "preserving the past".

lorby said...

Sorry for the loss of your grandparents but what beautiful memories and such a beautiful layout of those memories.

Sandy S. (CraftyCreations) said...

Beautiful layout. So nice to preserve memories like these :)

Sue D said...

I like the papers and the word Cherish for your wonderful layout.

Kim said...

Beautiful and simple layout. Love the little house border at the bottom. TFS

Cindy said...

Great photo and LO.

Congratulations Winners

      Congratulations to Teresa Godines and 2 suns- winners from my GIU week last week. Please email Kelli Haglund (kelli@unitystampco.com) ...