Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Forever Friends

I made the following card by following the tutorial on Unity Stamp Company blog as demonstrated by Heather Hoffman of Houses Built of Cards.
I used Phyllis Harris ...always from the heart stamp set with VersaFine Onyx Black Pigment Ink and stamped it 3 times on 3 different sheets of Colorbok Boardwalk 12 x 12 Paper Pad that I trimmed down to fit a Recollections A2 card base. I placed the sentiment stamp- forever friends- and the bigger stamp on each piece of paper after I stamped it on typing paper to test the image and sentiment on the card base. I must admit the dimensions are not even all the way around, but I did pretty good to eyeball cut all 3 sheets. I used my Tim Holtz Stamping Platform to stamp the image and sentiment at the same time. I then trimmed each sheet into 3 pieces all at one time- eyeballing again. It was hard to not color in the image and think outside the box, but I did it! Even the paper doesn't completely fit the colors of each section like it should. I saved the other pieces for 2 more cards. I added washi tape- Studio G- at the top of my card to cover up pencil lines that wouldn't erase. I added each strip with Elmer's Glue Bond permanent tape runner. It's easy, but a MISTI or Tim Holtz Platform is a must have to make this type of card. That's all I have to share. I'll be participating in a Generations of Love Blog Hop September 8, so please follow me if you're not a follower and come back to hop with me and some other scrap friends. Have a great day!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great Job Amanda. I really like this card. Love Heather Hoffman.

Congratulations Winners

      Congratulations to Teresa Godines and 2 suns- winners from my GIU week last week. Please email Kelli Haglund (kelli@unitystampco.com) ...