Friday, February 17, 2017

A Year of Card Techniques- So Sketchy Blog Hop


Welcome to the Year of Card Techniques February: So Sketchy Blog Hop! You should have arrived from Theresa's blog (http://scrapsbygracie.blogspot.com), but if you just stumbled across my blog please start back at the beginning with Theresa. This is the sketch all of us were given to follow.



Claudia  is our sponsor for this hop and is also participating with her blog in the hop.
This is the prize/stamp set she is offering to anyone who comments and becomes a follower of each blog on the hop.

Now on with the hop!

Here's what I chose to do with the above sketch. The card base is Recollections A2 Kraft. I added The Paper Studio Poteeka Butterflies 12 x 12" patterned paper trimmed down to fit the front of the card. The stamped image is Unity Stamp Company Itty Bitty Butterfly Birthday Cupcake. I stamped it with Versa Fine Black Onyx Pigment Ink on typing paper and then colored it in with Sharpie 80s Glam Jellie Pink Permanent Marker for the icing and accented the dots/lines/body of butterfly with Gelly Roll White Gel Pen; the butterfly and the cupcake liner is colored in with American Crafts Chromatix Dual Tip- Medium- Grape 2 Acid Free Alcohol Blending Marker; and the little flowers are colored in with Sharpie Pink Ultra Fine Point Permanent Marker- but you can't really tell they're colored in since that pink is so light. The pink strip is from K&Company Amy Butler Belle 4 x 6" Mat Pad- and I honestly don't know the dimensions since I just cut the strip to fit the card and follow the sketch. The flowers are from a RAK from another swap from EyeLet Outlet & Brads Flower Purple- it comes with various sizes and shades of purple paper flowers. The lime green brad is from my stash. I found some new to me Ad Tech Gold Standard Archival Permanent Runner to glue everything down with- it's clear and doesn't leave any yellow marks. That's all I have for you today. You will be hopping to Kim (http://katydidcards.com) next and I'm sure she will have a fabulous card to share with us! Thanks for hopping along with us!


Here's the line-up in case you get lost:
AMANDA http://salnclts76.blogspot.com/ -- YOU ARE HERE

15 comments:

Katydid Cards said...

Very pretty Amanda! I love the color combination you used. So soft and subtle! It was fun hopping with you, as always.

Stampin-Jodie Creations said...

Like the background!! Smiles!!

ike said...

Gorgeous design and I love your background :-) x

Denise S. said...

Cute card. I never thought to put a cupcake and butterfly together, but it works very well.

Salnclts said...

The butterfly & cupcake are on the same stamp, but thanks!

Claudia Henderson said...

Wonderful card Amanda...butterflies are always so cute to work with. Thank you for hopping along with us.

lorby said...

Pretty card. I like your take on using the cupcake and butterflies. Nice hopping with you today.

JenniferE said...

So pretty! Love the colors and all of the butterflies!

BrendaB said...

Beautiful card! Love the sketch, too! BL

Wilma said...

Amanda, I love that butterfly background paper! I never would have thought to use patterned paper - thanks for the inspiration!

Stephanie Bargelski said...

AWESOME card Amanda!! BL
http://stephaniebscreativedesigns.blogspot.com

Colleen said...

Very cute card. BL

Carole Wright said...

fabulous card and sketch x BL

phamil said...

Really cute card, love the sketch! BL

Jean said...

Such a fun card! bl

A Day At the Beach

I made this card for a swap yesterday and am just getting around to blogging about it. I'm entering this card in  The Sisterhood of Craf...