Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Spruill Family

I used Colorbok 12 x 12 in Signature Double-Sided Homespun Paper - both the main background page and the strip down the middle. I chose this family paper with the birds because my grandmama loved to watch birds and most of the family in these pictures have passed on. The heart doily was a RAK from Mitzi. The top picture is of my great-grandparents John and Cora R. Spruill. I listed their birth, death, and marriage dates under their names. My great-grandmama was a Rhodes before she married my great-granddaddy so my grandmama and granddaddy are third or fourth cousins. Needless to say, my family tree crosses several times. :)  The title letters- Spruill- is from Best Occasions Jewel Punch Pack. The bottom picture is of my grandmama- Grace- and all of her siblings. She was the oldest of 10 children. She's the third from the left on the front row with the black jacket on. I included all of their names under the picture. Back row is Charles, Lathan, and John. Front row is Louise, Ida, Grace, Lavenia, Matilda, and Mary. Eli in right corner insert- died in a drowning accident. 3 of my grandmama's siblings are the only ones living- Lavenia, Louise, and Charles.  The pearl/bling strand is also a RAK. The blue bow was another RAK from Amy (https://shabby-is-chic-boutique.zibbet.com/). 
This is a close-up of the Bible verse that I added to the middle of the heart- 1 Corinthians 13:4- Love is patient, love is kind, it does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. The sticker was part of a transparent sticker set given to me by Laura. This verse was one of my grandmama's favorite Scripture verses. This is also a close-up of the journaling for my great-grandparents picture. My great-granddaddy was born September 16, 1908 and died September 29, 1978. They were married January 15, 1931- and my grandmama was born July 16, 1932. My great-grandmother was born October 23, 1910 and died July 15, 2000. I have met more of my grandmother's family at both my granddaddy and grandmama's funerals. We did have a Spruill reunion August 2016 and hopefully will have many more. TFL!

No comments:

A Day At the Beach

I made this card for a swap yesterday and am just getting around to blogging about it. I'm entering this card in  The Sisterhood of Craf...