Monday, January 2, 2017

Soulmates

 I made this layout as a tribute to my grandmother that just passed Christmas Day. She had congestive heart failure or an aortic valve blockage last Monday and was transported to Vidant Hospital in Greenville. My sister delivered her baby last Tuesday at 19 1/2 weeks pregnant and the baby died 2 hours later. His lungs weren't fully developed so he couldn't survive in an incubator and he never opened his eyes or cried. Needless to say, it was a hard Christmas, but by the grace of God He pulled us through. We know that both grandmama and Charlie, the baby, are in heaven and we'll see them again one day. Now, back to the layout. She loved birds and the color pink is why I chose this paper. The paper is from K&Company Que Sera Sera Double Sided 12 x 12 Patterned Paper Pad.The above picture is how I will put the layout in my scrapbook.
I attached the funeral program with a paper fastener so it can be read in its entirety. The picture on the left is of my grandmama as a teenager some time before 1948. The picture on the right of my grandparents in the 1980s. I'm not sure of the exact date or where the picture was taken. I've never seen the younger picture of her until her funeral. The cameo is a RAK from Amy (Shabby Is Chic Boutique). The title- Soulmates and the circle journaling are from Colorbok Signature Hopscotch 12 x 12 Double Sided Patterned Paper Pad. That's all of the layout. I have more pictures of my grandmama when she was little and some of her siblings that I will be scrappin' soon. I will miss her, but I'm glad I was able to see her the Friday before she passed and that I have a lot of good memories with her. TFL!

No comments:

A Day At the Beach

I made this card for a swap yesterday and am just getting around to blogging about it. I'm entering this card in  The Sisterhood of Craf...