Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Sweet Birthday Memories & Relax

 I made both of these LOs on Monday, but just getting around to posting them on my blog and to their designated websites!
I made this LO based on the sketch above from Scrapbook Challenges. I would post the link, but you have to be a member to view anything on the site. Both pics were taken on July 4, 2012 as the journaling states and "Tammy made a chocolate birthday cake w/ peanut butter frosting for mine & Emily's birthdays." The main background paper is Recollections Banners. The striped paper is Mambi Sunshine Speciality Pad, the other 2 strips are K&Company- from Niki, the birthday stickers are Sticko Birthday Party, the sisters/flower stickers are Sticko Family, and the Happy 4th of July/American flag stickers are Creatology Sticker Book. The pic mats and title "sweet birthday memories" are from a Happy Day 6x6 pad that I just recently won from a blog hop. The strips under the journaling are Basic Grey Life of the Party 6x6 pad. Tammy put old pics of Emily & I on the birthday cake so it's actually a picture in a picture! She cut up a picture of Emily, Tyler, and I from last year when they came to visit. She always makes a cake for us to share since our birthdays are so close, well whenever she's with us on one of our birthdays! This is my favorite of the 2 LOs!

This LO is for Sketch Inspiration based on the sketch above. The main paper is Paper House Productions Beach, the pink strip is Basic Grey (I don't remember the collection since this is scrap), the ribbon is American Crafts Peachy Keen, and the sun is Momenta. The beach ball sticker is Sticko Beach time, the title "relax" is Recollections Dimensional stickers, the sunglasses are off another beach sticker sheet in my stash, and the bracket is Basic Grey Sultry Element Stickers. I changed the sketch up a little, because of the paper I didn't want to cover the "beach" sign and I didn't want to add the bottom border because of that fact! The journaling is under the pic of me and states that "Tammy, Emily, Tyler (not pictured), and I went to Falls Lake on July 16, 2012." Tyler wouldn't let me take his picture! Falls Lake is in Durham, NC and is beautiful! They have a rope in the water to keep you from going to deep in the water. You swim at your own risk without a lifeguard, but it's a national park with bathrooms/changing area & showers outside to spray off. I'll do another LO soon to show more of it! TFL and have a great Labor Day if you're in the US! :)

3 comments:

Heather Lynn said...

what pretty layouts! i hardly ever play with a sketch but i need to try it out! thanks for stopping by my blog last weekend for the 100 cart hop! i am happy to be a new follower!

have a great weekend!

heather lynn

Lisa said...

What beautiful layouts!! I especially love the gorgeous picture of the beach!! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog for Chriss's Birthday Hop...I'm happy to be a new follower :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Evelina Wikberg said...

Amanda. You are my winner for the blog hop. Please go on my blog and email me to claim your prize. :) xx

A Day At the Beach

I made this card for a swap yesterday and am just getting around to blogging about it. I'm entering this card in  The Sisterhood of Craf...