Friday, August 10, 2012

Gift Tags


I made these star gift tags this afternoon for my Sunday School class for those going up to the 2nd grade. I found the stars on a website a long time ago along with some other tags and saved them to the computer. I don't remember the name of the website. I used Recollections A is for Apple 12x12 paper and traced the stars on it & then cut them out and glued them to green almost lime green Deluxe Textured Cardstock (again I traced the stars on a 12x12 sheet and cut them out). I wrote "Moving Up" on the stars with a black American Crafts Basics gel pen and used a stencil to trace the letters. I don't know the manufacturer's name of the stencil, it's not really for scrapbooking, but I use it for scrapbooking! Then I used Sticko Time for School stickers, those came in handy :), to decorate the tags a little more and I added Recollections 2012 ribbon and didn't have enough for all 6 stars so I used some red orange ribbon out of my stash! I made 6 stars and didn't want to take a pic of all 6 since they are very similar. The lady that I co-teach the Preschoolers-1st grade with bought the kids moving up a gift and she asked me to make gift tags. I think the kids and their parents will love them! Oh, I also used Making Memories Eyelets & set them with my hammer from my Making Memories Tool Kit II to attach the ribbon. I tried to make the ribbon long enough so the tags can be tied to the gift, but if it can't be tied they can be taped. I put our names on the back. TFL! I hope you all have a good weekend! I'm have Mirror Mirror on reserve at Red box and am gonna get it tomorrow. I can't wait to watch it!

2 comments:

Heather Lynn said...

really cute gift cards! :) i am happy to be a new follower! thank you for stopping by my blog and following!

hugs,
hl

Amy E said...

Hi Amanda! These gift tags are adorable...I bet your Sunday School kids just loved them...and their gift!

Thanks so much for stopping by the blog hop this weekend, and for your sweet words. I can't tell you how much they are appreciated!

Amy E.
ScrapThisSaveThat.blogspot.com

A Day At the Beach

I made this card for a swap yesterday and am just getting around to blogging about it. I'm entering this card in  The Sisterhood of Craf...