Friday, March 8, 2019

Shake It Up Blog Hop

Thank you for joining us for  
the SHAKE IT UP BLOG HOP


This is a blog hop featuring projects with parts that either move or shake!
You should have arrived from Rebecca B (http://makinwithbacon.blogspot.com/) but if you didn't head over to
Connie Can Cropshe is the beginning of this interactive hop! 
This is a one day blog hop, but you have until Sunday at 10pm to finish hopping and leaving your love for all of these talented crafters.


We have three awesome sponsors for this hop!!

Action Wobbles is giving away a 13 pack of Wobbles!!


AND




Simply Stamping with Narelle is giving away this adorable stamp set...Bella & Friends
AND



Wendy Bellino is giving away Two (2) Club Scrap page formulas. Each includes thirteen PAGE FORMULAS with cutting instructions (12x12 scrapbook format). Delivered as printable .pdf files.



What do you need to do to win? Easy... become  a follower of each of the fabulous blogs in this hop and leave each of them a comment letting them know what you like best about their projects. Free Shipping to our USA friends but Worldwide will be asked to pay shipping if they win.

You will have until 10 pm Sunday to finish the hop and leave your comments on every blog to be eligible to win. 
Winners will be announced on Wednesday 3/13/19 at Connie Can Crop.
Be sure to follow everyone and leave a comment along the way!

First of all, Happy Birthday Connie!! Now on to my projects. I made 2 cards to share. I must say you may want to grab your favorite beverage, because this is a long post. The first one is a shaker card made using Anna Griffin Spring Shaker kit that I purchased from HSN. It was a step by step process. All the pieces came separate in the kit. You choose a background page to attach to the card base you want to use. The only thing I had to add was foam tape which is not included. 

Close-up of card standing up
Side view to see the sequins better- the sequins are all gold and come in a plastic sleeve


I also decided to try to make a spinner card, because I felt like I cheated with the shaker card since it was from a set and it was so easy. I came up with this idea last night after receiving this stamp set in the mail. I used The Stamps of Life banana2splitstamp and die sets. The pink and light blue papers and twine are from card kits also from Stamps of Life. The patterned paper is from Authentique Dame 6x6 paper pad. I thought it looked like sprinkles. The brad is from Simple Stories DIY Boutique Decorative Brads. I used the brad to go along with the inside sentiment. I stamped the banana split image and sentiments with Gina K Amalgam ink. I cut out the banana split die with my Cricut Cuttlebug, and then cut out the negative of the die twice to make the background and the hole in the card. I colored in the banana split image with Marvy Uchida Color In Watercolor Twist Colored Pencils. I colored the ice cream scoops to look like strawberry cheesecake, vanilla, and chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream- I realize I didn't add the chunks of cheesecake or dough in the scoops, but those 2 are my favorite flavors of ice cream, vanilla is just there to fill in the 3rd scoop. LOL! I also cut out the spoon die using my Cuttlebug.



Close-up of the spinner and the inside sentiment
I didn't take a picture of the inside of the card, because I haven't figured out how to cover the brad. I'll probably use a sticker to cover it. I also added a pink strip of paper to attach the brad to the card- to make it spin. It will spin all the way around. I must say this is the first card that actually turned out the way I envisioned it! I didn't think about the brad mechanism part, but overall I'm happy! 

Be sure to hop over to Audrey (orquideart.canalblog.com/) to see her awesome project.

Here's our line up in case you get lost along the way.


Be sure to join us next month for our
Rain Rain Go Away Themed Blog hop!

26 comments:

Audrey said...

Very colorful cards, perfect for the spring which is on its way in the NL!

The Scrapbooking Queen said...

Love the detail in your cards they turn out wonderful

Alemap said...

I absolutely love your shaker card.

Sarah Biswabic said...

Your butterfly shaker card is so beautiful and your banana split slider card is super sweet! I love them both!!

Julia Hammond said...

Both cards are fantastic.... I have never made a spinner card... maybe it is time to try!

Cathie w said...

so very pretty

Sue's Paper Crafts said...

Lovely Cards. Great choice of papers.

Sue
https://suek86401.blogspot.com/

Shannon H Designs said...

Love the butterfly!

NikkisCreativeNook.blogspot.com said...

Love your cards. Now I want Ice cream.

Sue D said...

Beautiful butterfly shaker and very cute banana split spinner card.

SHartl said...

Your shaker card is so elegant and beautiful and I LOVE that spinner card! I don't usually make interactive cards because I'm all thumbs when it comes to following specific directions but you rocked it!

EK Gorman said...

I just love you shaker card and do t care if it is from a kit. It is beautiful.

Salnclts said...

Thanks! I'll be making more of them. It's a big set.

lorby said...

Your first card is so pretty. I love the sequins you used in it. The second card is adorable.

Golden Goddess Designs said...

love both of these! Anna Griffin makes beautiful product.

Alicia

Makin' with Bacon said...

You can never go wrong with Anna Griffin...elegant and stunning. The spinner is fabulous!

Sunflower Holli said...

Beautiful card I love the butterfly

Kim said...

Wow, these are both beautiful cards. Thanks for sharing.

Connie Can Crop said...

Such cute cards! That shaker looks amazing and the spinner is so fun!! Thanks a bunch!

foleysfriend said...

Both cards are lovely. I love your spinner card - so super clever. It turned out great!

sue n.

Narelle Fasulo said...

Love both your projects, but my favourite is the shaker card. Love how you can see through it. It is so pretty too.

Sandy S. (CraftyCreations) said...

Your cards are fantastic. Thanks for sharing. I need to try and make one of these.

Denise Bryant said...

Pretty cards! Love the beautiful butterfly shaker! Fun spinner card too!

vicky's scrapping passion said...

Both cards are so cute, I love the Anna giffing kits. So elegant, your spinner is lovely too. Great job. Tfs and for hopping with us. Blessings

Crafting with Miranda said...

Soooo pretty!

Cindy said...

Pretty cards. Love the butterfly shaker!

Congratulations Winners

      Congratulations to Teresa Godines and 2 suns- winners from my GIU week last week. Please email Kelli Haglund (kelli@unitystampco.com) ...