Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Rest- Week 4 of God's Good Gifts

If you've been following along with my posts about Group's God's Good Gifts Scrapbooking Bible Study, you'll see that I'm in week 4 and this week is Rest! I chose 2 pictures that display rest and added stickers that reminds me of rest. This is gonna be kind of a long post since I am posting so many close-up pictures. The main PP is from DCWV All About Boys Stack, all the white pieces (4) were on one page in God's Good Gifts and I just cut them up with decorative scissors to adjust to my layout. I love using my decorative edged scissors! I even used them on my pictures! :) Both picture mats are Martha Stewart Crafts Punch Pad. The strips are about 13 in long x 4 in wide so they're just big enough to use as photo mats! The flip-flops sticker is Stickeroni by Hallmark. The beach ball (stuck in the pool) is Recollections Beach (one of the various collections). The butterfly, frog drinking, and flower sticker on the middle left are all Sticko Funky Monkey. The strawberry, watermelon, and ice cream cone stickers are all Sticko Sweet Treats. The dream sticker is from my stash. The hot cocoa sticker is Recollection Dimensional Stickers that has coffee & coffee shop like items on the same sticker sheet as well. The brown wooden banner sticker under the pool that I wrote swimming pool in Daddy's backyard in Louisburg, NC 7/12 on is The Boyds Collection, Ltd. I don't use these that often and just recently found this collection in my stash! I love finding old stuff in my stash! :) The dandelion flowers in the middle towards the left are K&Company Susan Winget Rub-Ons and the gems in the top left corner and 2 of the ones in the bottom right corner are also part of that collection.The butterfly mat under the Isaiah 40:28-31 passage is Mambi Valentine's set. The eagle's wings and bling in the middle as well as the bling in the right corner and the pearls in the top right and bottom left corners are from Niki. The pink floral paper in the middle right mat is Colorbok Spring Morning Pattern Pack. The grey hearts/arrows PP is Take 2 Follow Your Heart/Monte Paper Mill from Housecalls by Scrappin' Madge (http://heartstringdesigns.blogspot.com/) Hello Gorgeous September Kit as is the Smile flair that I adhered with Scotch Double Sided tape. The tag is K&Company Tim Coffey Cottage Garden Journal Tag Pad and I attached it with a happy KI Memories Paisley Parade Epoxy Brad/Fastener and a piece of ribbon from Heather (http://heathernovinger.blogspot.com/). I wrote on it that (it's a picture of) James Penny w/ his mom, Brittany, at his side (her arm) at Grandmama's house-- not sure on date but it was summertime. Now that I've torn the layout apart here are the close-up pics! ;)
close-up of the rub-on dandelions

close-up of the journal tag
 
 close-up of eagle's wings with the bling in the middle
 close-up of the bling in the bottom right corner
close-up of the frog and the bling in the top left corner
 close-up of picture of James and the Smile flair
close-up of dream sticker and a little of the prayer from the devotional
Sorry for all the pictures, but the picture of the layout itself didn't do it justice! My favorite part about this devotion that I need to learn to do is "wait on the Lord anytime, anywhere... When you feel almost too weary to flap your wings one more time, try 'waiting.' Soon you'll be competing with the eagle--and soaring high."  I'm always so busy scrapping or just busy that I forget to stop and listen to what God has in store for me or what He wants to say to me. Now before I close, I have to share my good news about my dad since some of you have been following along with that as well. He is tube FREE, the dr wants to try a soft diet tomorrow, and discharge will either be Sunday or Monday. So happy & praising God for all the answers to prayer and healing right now! His healing of my dad might just be a lesson I need to learn and believe! TFL and have a great day! :)

2 comments:

Heather Lynn said...

So much cuteness going on here, Amanda! Thanks for the shout out! I am so happy to hear your Dad is doing better!

Hugs,
HL

Noteable Scraps said...

Love it! We get to scrap TOMORROW! :-)

A Day At the Beach

I made this card for a swap yesterday and am just getting around to blogging about it. I'm entering this card in  The Sisterhood of Craf...