Monday, January 27, 2014

Brothers

I made these at the spur of the moment yesterday afternoon. Both layouts are of Mr. Ray (my stepdad) and his brother, James. The paper used on the LO above is Recollections Wood Slats to kinda go along with the corn hole game. The title "these are the moments" is from a family vellum stack that I got from Mrs. Gloria. I adhered it to my LO with my Xyron 1.5'' Create A Sticker maker and a strip of Pebbles Lakeside 6x6 paper pad and the pic mats are also from the same paper pad. The black swirly sticker is Le Creme Embellishments. I wanted to add something to that corner of the page and that was different! The football and baseball squares are fussy cut from DCWV All About Boys Stack and adhered with my Xyron sticker maker. The tag is from Story Tellers Club Dream Collection. I wrote with Sharpie 80s Glam Argyle Green & Valley Girl Violet- Mr. Ray & James playing corn holes. Mr. Ray is a huge Washington Redskins fan & James is the same w/ NY Yankees. The ribbon is Martha Stewart Blue & Green Playful Ribbon (6 spools of 12 total yards)- there are 4 blue/green spools and 2 brownish spools. Mr. Ray made the corn hole set for Father's Day last year, it was his present from his kids. Dustin found the directions and kit from the National Corn Hole Association so that they were made to the correct measurements. The UNCW lettering and Seahawks symbol are both decal stickers that were pre-ordered. My stepsiblings did help paint them. I should have gotten a picture of the second one, but it was cold that day and I just went out to take a few pictures. The date stamp at the bottom is My Mind's Eye The Sweetest Thing by Jen Allyson Tangerine "Hello" Stamps and I wrote 12-13-13 with Sharpie Argyle Green again. These Sharpies were just $3/97 for a set of 5 at Walmart a few weeks ago! :) The football and baseball stickers are Recollections Kids Stickers- there's also basketball and soccer balls- 2 sheets.
 
This PP is Echo Park Paper All About A Boy Superhero by Lori Whitlock that I won from Housecalls by Scrappin Madge (http://heartstringdesigns.blogspot.com/) August 2013 Life of the Party kit. The title Brother and the dots under it are Close To My Heart My Acrylix All You Need Stamp Collection. I used VersaFine Onyx Black Pigment Ink to stamp them with. I connected the dots with my Copic 100 Black Sketch Too pen. The sentiment- Family is what makes a house a home.- is also La Creme Embellishement stickers that I bought from TJ Maxx. I used My Mind's Eye date stamp again and wrote with Sharpie 80s Glam Leg Warmer Orange the same date 12-13-13. I decided the type the journaling on this one and used Microsoft Word 2010 Calligraphy font and typed James came to see Mr. Ray after not seeing him in 10 years. It started out as a surprise, but by the day of his expected arrival, the secret was out! These are some of our outside Christmas decorations. This was the only picture taken of the 2 of them the 3 days he was here, my mom may have gotten one on her cell phone. They do talk on the phone several times a week since Mr. Ray retired, but they haven't seen each other in 10 years up until now. James is married, but his wife has some health problems so she stayed home in VA. I didn't want to add a lot to this page because of the busyness of the paper. Oh, the pic mats on this page are Recollections Cupcake Cuties 8.5x11 paper stack- all cut off the same sheet. TFL and have a great week! I don't know what kind of crafty things I'm going to do this week, but I'm sure I'll find something! :)

No comments:

A Day At the Beach

I made this card for a swap yesterday and am just getting around to blogging about it. I'm entering this card in  The Sisterhood of Craf...