Tuesday, September 7, 2010

September Sketch Challenge for Scrappin-n-Chattin

Sketch
My LO



I did this LO using the sketch above yesterday (Labor Day) afternoon for the Septemember Sketch Challenge at Scrappin-n-Chattin (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/scrappin-n-chattin/). The title is Mama's Flowerbed. I've been saving these pictures to scrap and decided to use this sketch to scrap them with! They are of my mom's flowers or what her flowerbed looked liked at one time. The flowers are geraniums, red and yellow roses, Dusty Millers (the tall ones), & Sweet William (pink spotted ones near the ground at the front).As you can tell, I know nothing about flowers, luckily my mom was home and I was able to ask her what kind of flowers they were! The pink flower under the word "Hope" was part of the paper under the pictures. I didn't want to cut it in half, so I cut the flower out and decided to use it as an embellishment. I covered the spot where the flower was with the bottom left picture. All the brads, adhesive, orange polka dotted flower w/ a brad, butterfly, sunflower, lizards, journal block, and the glittery look on the title (gel roll pen) was in my bottle from Debi. I'm thinking about using some more of those goodies in a few!! I'm running out of my other stuff so these goodies came at a great time!! I was the first one to complete this challenge. The drawing will be September 30. Please pray I win! If I don't, I still had fun making the LO! TFL!

1 comment:

Salnclts said...

I forgot to put in the post that this IS NOT the blog hop sketch. It is the next post down. If you can't find it just look in the archives off to the side.

A Day At the Beach

I made this card for a swap yesterday and am just getting around to blogging about it. I'm entering this card in  The Sisterhood of Craf...