Thursday, August 16, 2018

Sketch #277 Happy Birthday



I made this card using the above sketch from Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge for Laura. Her birthday is coming up this September. The card base is Recollections 4 in x 5.5 in card pack, I trimmed a sheet of 12 in x 12 in acid free paper from Recollections Tropic Vacation Paper Pad to fit the card adhered down with Elmers Bond Permanent Tape Runner, the stamp is The Stamps of Life Butterfly2Stamp stamped with VersaFine Onyx Black Pigment Ink that I placed using Tim Holtz Stamp Platform, the cactus and pineapple washi tape is from a swap, the arrows washi tape is Recollections, the sequins are also from a swap and I used Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Glue to attach the sequins. This is the simplest card I have made in awhile. I used too much glue on the sequins, but I may add a light piece of paper between the card and envelope before mailing in case it's still sticky. Laura and I went to Arizona for Scrap and Stamp Expo last September so that's why I included the cactus washi tape. I thought the pineapple washi tape looks good with the sentiment and the color of the paper. TFL and have a great weekend!

7 comments:

Dena J said...

Fun combo of washi tapes! Perfect use with the sketch. Thank you for joining us at AHSC this week. Dena DT

Linda Anderson said...

Love, love, love those washi tapes!!! Such a fun birthday card! Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

Christine said...

Love the use of that fun washi tape as a design element for the sketch! Great card!
Thank you for playing along with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!
Blessings,
Christine
DT Member
https://withaverygratefulheart.blogspot.com

Golden Goddess Designs said...

Amanda, thanks for joining us this week at Atlantic Hearts Challenge last week. It was a pleasant surprise to see you, I hope to see more of you joining in!

Alicia

Wendy Coffman said...

Your washi combo is so cute! Thanks for playing along at AHSC!

Annette Clark said...

What a fun birthday card! I love your colorful, festive washi tapes and the sequins are a perfect touch, I always love what a colorful and shiny touch they bring to any project. Thanks for sharing with us this week at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

Linda Norman said...

What a fun way to celebrate your friend’s birthday! The washinis so
Finally and bling make everything better! Thank you for playing along at AHSC!

Linda N
Design team AHSC
Www.scrappytherapy.com

A Day At the Beach

I made this card for a swap yesterday and am just getting around to blogging about it. I'm entering this card in  The Sisterhood of Craf...