Thursday, March 31, 2016

Cutting the Cake

I making an 8.5 x 11" wedding scrapbook for my sister and brother-in-law. They got married last Saturday. March 26. This is the first page I've made so far. I used a 8.5 x 11 stationary sheet to trim down this what was originally 12 x 12 in page from Craft Smith Love Story Paper Pad. The photo mats and the journaling block is leftover scraps of paper from my sister and BIL. Their wedding was beach themed so that's why their cake is so beachy. They decorated the bucket- along with a lot more- on the table to the right of the cake. The flowers are from Recollections Strawberry and Cream and Seaside 8.5 x 11 collections.
Above is a close-up of the journaling- Brian & Emily Carter after feeding each other cake.
I followed a tutorial on All Free Paper Crafts on how to make the scalloped roses. The trick is to use a round bottle/glass to trace a circle with a pencil on a piece of paper. Then you use scalloped edged scissors and cut in a spiral to make the roses. You can use a quill tool to wrap the rose and make it tight, but I used a pencil and my finger to roll them. I should have said the reason why I used blue and pink is because the colors for Brian and Emily's wedding were teak and pink. I was the maid of honor and wore a red violet dress. I decided to take close-ups of the flowers to show the different colors of Stickles I used in each flower. I used Waterfall, Lime Green. and Diamond Stickles.


I glued them all- as well as everything else on the layout- with Tombow Mono Aqua Liquid Glue. I realize they'll be smashed when I finish the book, but I made the flowers for a challenge on Facebook for Girls. Giggles, Glitter, and Glue. TFL!

No comments:

Congratulations Winners

      Congratulations to Teresa Godines and 2 suns- winners from my GIU week last week. Please email Kelli Haglund (kelli@unitystampco.com) ...