Thursday, February 11, 2016

First Valentine of 2016

If you are here for Angela's Birthday Blog Hop GO HERE

Yes, the title is true, this is the first Valentine card I have made this year! Eek! I made the following Valentine's Day card using the Unity Sketch above for Unity Show & Tell on Facebook- I can't provide a link, because the group is private and the challenge ended today. You can check out Unity Stamp Company for the Growing In Unity blog that is featured this week. The challenge times have changed. Anyway, I know you're itching to know the deets on my card! :)
I used Recollections A2 card base. I glued everything down except the washi tape with Tombow MONO Aqua Liquid Glue- I used too much, but at least the card is standing up whereas it wasn't when I made it! The arrows paper and big hearts paper is from Pink Paislee Pen Pals 12 x 12 in Paper Pad. I stamped both sentiment stamps on the back of pieces that I fussy cut out from American Crafts Dear Lizzy Neapolitan 6 x 6 in Paper Pad as is the little pink corner at the top. The Love (is) stamp is from Unity Layers of Life Never Ending Love 12/13 kit and the Happy Valentine's Day stamp is made by Craft Smart. I used Colorbox Cranberry Archival Pigment Ink to stamp both stamps with. I must have left the stamps on the pad too long to cause the ink to run before gluing down. I was trying my best to stay with the sketch and make layer fit! I've never done well with measurements- geometry wasn't my best subject in high school- so I used the card base to measure all the paper when cutting on my Recollections dual score marker/paper cutter. The washi tape is made by Studio G. I know that's a lot of hearts, but it's Valentine's Day! I'm going to mail this to my great aunt who is in a rehab center after having female organ problems. Sorry for rushing through the post, but I want to get it in the mail before the mail man gets here. Have a great Thursday! I'm going to be working on more Valentine's this afternoon. Most of them are going to be late, but it's the thought that counts! I'll just be breathing through everyone of them! I really love making cards! TFL!

No comments:

Congratulations Winners

      Congratulations to Teresa Godines and 2 suns- winners from my GIU week last week. Please email Kelli Haglund (kelli@unitystampco.com) ...