Thursday, September 19, 2013

Give Thanks



I've had this stamp set, Inkadinkado Autumn Foliage, for a few years and have never used it until last night! I honestly don't remember where I bought it. I've had the pumpkins and Give Thanks sheet for a few years as well. I believe I bought it at Michaels. The ribbon is from my stash and was just a big enough piece to fit this card! The bling is Halloween Rhinestock Stickers from Kim. The chevron paper is The Paper Studio Halloween Chevron that I just bought this past Saturday from Hobby Lobby and the felt popper is from a blog hop prize from Pinque Peacock ( http://pinquepeacock.blogspot.com). I used VersaFine Black Onyx Pigment Ink to stamp the pumpkin stamp. I decided to stamp it on orange cardstock instead of on white photocopy paper to eliminate the extra layered look. I did color over it with American Crafts Candy Shoppe and Galaxy Marker Orange Opaque Ink. I started this card around 9pm so I wanted to eliminate a few steps and get to bed!  
This is the inside top spread. I decided to make this look like a collage showing my favorite things about fall. The "yummy pumpkin pie*crisp applie pie*turkey & cranberries (I don't like cranberries, but it goes with fall/Thanksgiving)" is from The Paper Studio Thanksgiving Words from Hobby Lobby,"Leaf Piles" and "harvesy happy fall bountiful apple cider acorns friends hay rides" strip is from the same sheet as the pumpkins/Give Thanks on the front. The leaf sticker is Reminisce Fall Self-Adhesive Diecut Stickers that I bought from a LSS that is no longer in business thanks to Michaels and is the last sticker from that sheet. I used one of my DCWV Greens Card Stack as a pattern to make this card and adhered the Halloween Chevron paper to the Colorbok Deluxe Textured Cardstock Orange paper with Scrapbook Adhesive Mounting Squares that I also bought from Hobby Lobby this past Saturday.

The journaling square "Happy Fall" I found off of Pinterest (http://www.kimberlykalil.com/) from a set of printables. I'll write on this block or I may write beside it since it is kinda dark. I've been wanting to make a fall card or layout with this stamp set and when I saw that Hobby Lobby had a sale this past Saturday I had to buy some paper! The Paper Studio was 50% off making the sheets $0.29 each!! What a deal! I could have stayed in there for hours, but I was with my mom and we were looking for retirement party ideas. We did find The Party Place up the road and a Christian bookstore. We might go back to The Party Place for more party supplies. I just wish New Bern had more party supply stores. I used to work at one and it went out of business because of WalMart and Dollar Tree selling balloons cheaper and we also have Party City nearby in Greenville. Anyway, this cooler weather is making me anxious for fall and wearing my favorite sweaters/hoodies! TFL and have a great day!

1 comment:

Beckie said...

Great card! Thanks for linking up in September's Just Because Linky Party.


Be blessed, Beckie
Just B Creative Crazy

A Day At the Beach

I made this card for a swap yesterday and am just getting around to blogging about it. I'm entering this card in  The Sisterhood of Craf...