Monday, September 23, 2013

Fresh Brewed Designs Surprise Challenge


 I made this card for Fresh Brewed Designs (http://freshbreweddesigns.blogspot.com/) Surprise Challenge. I used Colorbok Deluxe Textured Cardstock for the card base, K&Company Urban Rhapsody as the background paper behind the digi, the roof is a piece of Basic Grey Curio 6x6 paper pad, the purple ribbon is from my stash, I decided to use one American Crafts Delights Paper Flower in the corner instead of 3 bling/circles, the yellow ribbon is American Crafts Premium Ribbon Peachy Keen, the purple ribbon that I used under the roof/awning is from my stash (it was a big strip and I cut it in half). I used American Crafts Basic/Candy Shoppe gel pens, Sharpie Pastel Ultra Fine Point Permanent Markers, Zig Memory System EK Success 0.5mm Pigment Ink Pens, American Crafts Galaxy Marker Orange, Gelly Roll Clear Star Pen, American Crafts Glitter Marker Fuschia, and some other markers from my stash to color the digi.
 Close-up picture of menu and cupcakes display
Close-up of Coffee sign and other window and the woman standing at the counter. I didn't want to color over my writing and then realized the coloring that I did add made them look like actual signs! A storefront usually has advertisements or some way to entice you to come in and this was my advertisement signs!

I will probably use this card as a birthday card. I'll have to add a piece of paper to the inside since the brown is double sided and brown on both sides. I decided to make the roof look dimensional and then added the ribbon underneath for the ruffle fringe on it. I used decorative scissors on the top and bottom, because the paper was torn and the bottom was cut on the original 12x12 sheet. TFL!

1 comment:

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

This is SOOOO CUTE!!! I LOVE the ribbon under the roof and the way you colored it. Great shading and such pretty colors. I am so happy to see you personalize it with the posters / signs in the window.


Thank you so much for playing along in our SURPRISE challenge.
Have a very happy and blessed day,
Heather D.
www.freshbreweddesigns.com

Congratulations Winners

      Congratulations to Teresa Godines and 2 suns- winners from my GIU week last week. Please email Kelli Haglund (kelli@unitystampco.com) ...