Tuesday, November 30, 2010

My Thanksgiving

My Dad, Tammy (my stepmom), and Tyler came down from CT to visit with my sister and my dad's side of the family for Thanksgiving. I did this LO Saturday night for Scrapbook Challenges (http://scrapbookchallenges.ning.com/) as part of their SCNTS- Scrapbook Challenges Next Top Scrapper contest. The requirements was do a LO of ourselves. I wanted to use one of my Thanksgiving pics, so I decided to use this pic. I'm the oldest of me, Emily, and Tyler. I could have used a picture of just myself, but liked this one. I titled the LO Daddy, Emily, Tyler, & I. The journaling in the brown box just tells that they came down to visit for Thanksgiving and that the pic was taken at Emily's house. The white journaling box states that I'm the oldest child. I used 2 sheets of the Basic Grey Oliver Collection on this LO, the title is spelled out with stickers, and Memories is a rub-on sticker. This LO is the first LO I have done where I didn't use a lot of stickers or other embellies all over! I wanted the main background page to be shown! I love the design on it so much! The middle part has "bebe" printed onto the right side, so I decided to cover the entire middle with the striped sheet which isn't quite half a sheet. I love using my XACTO Cutter to cut paper! The LOs will be judged today and if they are good enough we will go onto the next week to participate in another challenge/contest! It's almost like Food Network's Next Top Chef, but we're scrapping instead of cooking and there's more than 12 participants! I forgot to post this LO and just remembered it!


Back to my Thanksgiving week with my family. We went to the beach on Tuesday. The water was a little cold, but tolerable. The first pic is of Scott and Tyler standing along the shore of the ocean and the second pic is of Emily and Scott making a sand castle for Tyler. I did help a little, but they made most of it! Tyler didn't like the sand, so he never sat down in it.He loved the water! He fell a couple times and got  his sweatpants wet, but never complained!

We ate at Beaufort on the dock facing Shackelford Banks Island. I don't have a pic of where we picnicked, we just sat on benches and ate sandwiches. I do have a pic of a crab I saw in a shop. I thought the crab was cute as did my stepmom, so I decided to take a pic of it as we walked by! The bottom pic is of a blue sailboat.  The little sailboat behind it passed it right after I took the pic!


I have a few other pics of the beach, but they're of the water and 2 surfers. I'll scrap them eventually and show them off on here! I just wanted to show off a few! I also have pics of my family and Tyler playing with his cousins, but they turned out a little dark. I better close this post before it gets any longer. TFL!

No comments:

Congratulations Winners

      Congratulations to Teresa Godines and 2 suns- winners from my GIU week last week. Please email Kelli Haglund (kelli@unitystampco.com) ...