Saturday, June 1, 2019

Scrap the Girls June Challenge

The above picture was the inspiration for my layout below. It's the Nanas June Challenge with Scrap the Girls.

I chose a picture of my sister and me to scrap. The challenge is to use patterned papers that don't normally blend together. I was inspired by the colors in the picture to create my layout. Both the main patterned paper and the strip down the middle are from Recollections Backyard Table 12" x 12" Paper Pad. The title strip is from The Stamps of Life XOXO Collection and the title- Sister and the hearts is from Close to My Heart D0125 All You Need My Acrilix Clear Stamps- no longer being available- stamped with Gina K Designs Amalgam Jet Black ink and Catherine Pooler Designs Party Dress ink. I've had the stamp set since the early 2000's when a friend of mine used to sell Close To My Heart. I actually used the same heart stamp for both hearts, but moved the heart to the right end after stamping the one on the left. I love using my Tim Holtz Tonic Studios Stamp Platform where I can see how the stamp is placed- in this case with clear stamps- the paper is still held down with magnets in place if you use rubber or clear stamps. The flower at the top corner of the photo was a RAK and the photo mat is actually part of a memory file folder from Heidi Swapp Memory Files Scrapbook kit. The tag is from K&Company Abrianna Tag Pad. I wrote with a black ball point pen- 5-18-19- the date the picture was taken- Emily & I wore these t-shirts to BG's 1st Birthday Party. The theme was Mickey Mouse. We don't get a picture together that often and I wanted to get a picture of us in our somewhat matching t-shirts. TFL!

5 comments:

Rosemary Hanson said...

great use of patterned paper! lovely photo too! Thanks for joining us at Scrap The Girls

Anne McLaughlin said...

Great job in working with these patterned papers. Great for this months Scrap the Girls challenge.

Guylaine Seyer said...

very pretty layout!!
thank you for playing with us at Scrap The Girls challenge

Tanya Heritage said...

Lovely mix of pattern papers you have used.
Thanks for joining us at Scrap The Girls x

Glenda's Creations said...

A Wonderful page showing off the memorable photo

Congratulations Winners

      Congratulations to Teresa Godines and 2 suns- winners from my GIU week last week. Please email Kelli Haglund (kelli@unitystampco.com) ...