Friday, June 7, 2019

Love Sports Blog Hop

Thank you for joining us for  
The LOVE SPORTS BLOG HOP

This is a blog hop featuring projects based on sports of all kinds! Just in time for summer and Father's Day!
You should have arrived from (Cathie https://cathiesevilqueencrafting.blogspot.com/) But if not,
Connie Can Crop , is the beginning of this hop! 
This is a one day blog hop, but you have until Sunday at 10pm to finish hopping and leaving your love for all of these talented crafters.


We have two awesome sponsors for this hop!!



 The Stamp Shop is graciously donating 
this fun 6x6 paper pad by Kaiser Craft to one lucky winner.

AND

 Our very own EK has donated this
 awesome die set from Elizabeth Crafts! Thanks EK!

What do you need to do to win? Easy... become  a follower of each of the fabulous blogs in this hop and leave each of them a comment letting them know what you like best about their projects. Free Shipping to our USA friends but Worldwide will be asked to pay shipping if they win.

You will have until 10 pm Sunday to finish the hop and leave your comments on every blog to be eligible to win. 
Winners will be announced on Wednesday 6/12/19 here at Connie Can Crop.
Be sure to follow everyone and leave a comment along the way!


I decided to make a squash-fold card after watching a tutorial I found on Pinterest from Song of My Heart Stampers. The video gives step by step instructions so I'm not going to give each step. I did cut down an 8.5 x 11 piece of cardstock from my stash down to 8.5 x 8.5. The video instructs to use a score board, but I did not. I have a score tool on one of my paper trimmers that I did use to score the paper in 4 squares. I folded it diagonally without scoring it so it's off a little, but that's makes it unique.
This is the front. As you can tell I was thinking of Father's Day coming up. I used a sports memory kit photo mat for the background on the front of the card and the bottom right inside square of the card. I just cut it in half and trimmed it down on the sides to fit the paper. The baseball player sticker at the top is also from the same set. I used 2 rectangles from a rectangle nested die set from Scrapbook.com and paper from The Stamps of Life for the title and typed Happy Father's Day on my computer. I wanted to have the same font as inside the card. The ribbon is from a RAK I received from a group on Facebook. It fit well with the card since hot dogs and sometimes hamburgers are sold at baseball games.
Now for the inside. The paper in the top left square is from Recollections Baseball 12 x 12 scrapbook paper that I trimmed down to fit the cardstock and I used the same paper for the back cover of the card. The blue baseball player die cut, bat/ball stickers, and glove with ball die cuts are from a RAK from a group on Facebook. The little glove sticker is from the same baseball memory kit as the lower right corner and front cover. I typed to the best left handed hitter ever on my computer since this card is going to my stepdad and he is left-handed. I had to tie in the baseball theme. He loves baseball/softball and used to play softball until he had a stroke last year. He still loves to watch baseball and almost all sports. He's been watching the Stanley Cup Finals- hockey- and NBA Finals this past week. I hope the St Louis Blues win, but we will see if the Boston Bruins can hold on to win or not. The NBA Finals take too long to get to the end. Anyway, sorry I got off on a tangent! The next picture is what the back cover looks like. 
Please watch the tutorial that I mentioned before to get the complete instructions on how to make this card if you decide to make one. It was very easy to make. I just had a problem tying the ribbon, but that's always tricky for a lot of us. As long as I keep it tied until Father's Day it's all good! That's all I have to share today. 
Be sure to hop over to my friend (Rebecca https://makinwithbacon.blogspot.com/) to see her awesome project!


Here's our line up in case you get lost along the way.

Be sure to join us next month for our
Adventure Awaits Blog hop!



16 comments:

Narelle Fasulo said...

Great project. I will definitely watch the tutorial as it looks like it would have been fun to make.

NikkisCreativeNook.blogspot.com said...

Cute project. It's always fun to have a new way to showcase a fun project for someone special.

Sunflower Holli said...

Very cute and fun card. I think its wonderful!

An'Jenic G. said...

Great card. I'll have to check out that video. I love the inside pockets. Thanks for sharing AJ.

Kim said...

Great idea. It is almost like a mini-album. Thanks for sharing.

Cathie w said...

super fun card...I love fun fold cards

Shannon H Designs said...

What a cool card

Michele Smith said...

Oh that is sooo cute! Haven't seen the squash fold technique but I can't wait to try it. Love all the little details!

Sue D said...

Very clever design!

Golden Goddess Designs said...

wonderful fold! you did a wonderful job on this project!

Alicia

EK Gorman said...

This is so much fun! Really cool fold project.

Makin' with Bacon said...

How cute is that?!? Great job!

Sandy S. (CraftyCreations) said...

Fun project! :)

Julia Hammond said...

This mini album it very cute... thank you for sharing it with us.

Connie Can Crop said...

This is really cool!! Thanks for sharing! Off to check out the tutorial! Thanks for joining!

vicky's scrapping passion said...

Great folding card, Tfs your cool ideas. Blessings

A Day At the Beach

I made this card for a swap yesterday and am just getting around to blogging about it. I'm entering this card in  The Sisterhood of Craf...