Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Oh Christmas Tree

No, I didn't go crazy! LOL! I'm a little behind in my scrappin'! I entered this layout for a Red & Kraft Challenge with Unity Stamp Company. As you can see my red is more dominant on the left side and my kraft is under the upside down tree and under the layered stamps. Can you guess what I used under the stamps? A coffee filter! I cut out the center of the coffee filter. It was actually the inspiration for my layout when I was making coffee this morning! :) I'll reveal what stamps they are under the next picture.  Now for the details of my layout. The patterned 12 x 12" paper is from Pebbles Home For Christmas 12 x 12" Paper Pad as is the fussy cut black strip with Christmas trees in the middle. The title piece- Oh Christmas Tree, the mat under the Christmas tree on the left, and under the border punch at the bottom is from Craft Smith Olde Time Christmas 6 x 6 Paper Pad. Oh Christmas Tree is actually a journaling square, but I hid the left half under the pic to the left of it. I placed everything on this layout before I glued it down to have the right measurements for the mats and so just enough of the background paper is still visible. I love the Christmas tree design on the paper that's why I made it the biggest mat! Another reason is this tree was our Christmas tree last year as the journaling states underneath. The upside down tree was at the front door of Home- a store similar to Home Goods- in Raleigh, NC. I had never seen an upside down tree and wanted to take a picture- yes all 3 pictures were taken with my cell phone and developed with Photo Affections aka Free Prints- all you have to pay is shipping. One of the best apps I have downloaded on my cell phone yet! The mat under that pic is Recollections Kraft 4.5 x 6.5" Cardstock Paper. The bottom picture is of the Christmas trees at Tryon Palace that I helped decorate this past December. The mat under it is from Colorbox Holiday Extravaganza 12 x 12" Designer Paper Pad. The paper reminds me of a live Christmas tree with pine cones in it. The punch is EK Success Ornaments Large Edger Punch. I punched it on Craft Smith Embossed 8.5 x 11" Paper Pad.
The stamps are from Unity Stamp Company Never Ending Love Layers of Life 12/13 kit. I used Color Box Cranberry Archival Ink Pad on the hearts stamp and Versa Fine Onyx Black Fine Pigment Ink Pad on the Never Ending Love stamps. I stamped them on white cardstock. I used Tombow Mono Aqua Liquid Glue Pen to glue everything down. TFL! Please come back on Friday for a LEAP Blog Hop that I'm participating in as you can see in the right margin. It will start with ScrapsByGracie's blog. I'm sure they're will be an awesome prize and I can't wait to share what I have made!

No comments:

Congratulations Winners

      Congratulations to Teresa Godines and 2 suns- winners from my GIU week last week. Please email Kelli Haglund (kelli@unitystampco.com) ...