Thursday, January 16, 2014

Thank You Card

I decided to make a Thank You card for my step-aunt, Tammy's sister, Cindy. She came down from CT to take care of Tyler for 2 weeks and to help Tammy out around the house while my dad was in the hospital. I know I didn't have to make her a card, but I wanted to just to show my appreciation! On with the details of my card! The card base is Studio G White 5x5 and it's a set of 8 that comes with matching envelopes. I decided to cover the front with a piece of K&Company paper with ZOTS and then added a Studio G Thank You Chipboard Punchout, KI Memories Paisley Parade Rhinestone Swirl Sticker, and the top sticker is Sticko Funky Monkey. I wanted to keep the front CAS since the paper is so soft and has so much color to it already.
 
This is the inside spread. The "As it Should Be :)" sticker is K&Company Emma Rose Word Embossed Stickers and I wrote the note on that side since the sentiment took up so much room on the opposite side.The sentiment is from a vellum stack from Mrs. Gloria-"Other things may change us, but we start and end with family. Author Unknown" and I wrote underneath "even if we aren't blood, we're still connected by God's love :)". The pink background paper is Recollections Butterfly Wings 4.5x6.5 Cardstock Paper that I cut down to fit on the card and punched with my WRMK Lucky8 Floral Die-cut Punch Inside & Outside Punch. The stickers around the vellum and holding the vellum corners down are Sticko Funky Monkey & I used ZOTS on both of these again to adhere them. I tried taking a picture of my back signature stamp, but the picture came out too dark and blurry. I changed up the ink this time to Studio G Red Dye Ink and that might have messed up the picture who knows? It's such a small stamp to work with as well! TFL and have a great weekend! I may scrap some more tomorrow, but not sure yet. I know tomorrow night is Special Needs Movie Night and I'm looking forward to seeing the kids as well as watching the movie with them!

1 comment:

Suzy said...

Great card Amanda! I like how you decorated the inside too. I know it will be a appreciated.

A Day At the Beach

I made this card for a swap yesterday and am just getting around to blogging about it. I'm entering this card in  The Sisterhood of Craf...