Monday, January 13, 2014

My Crop & My Latest SMASH Entry- Warning- Long Post

Grab a cup of hot/iced cold coffee and sit back and enjoy my long post! The first layout (LO) is about Sheetz and my love for their iced coffee so it wouldn't be appropriate if you weren't drinking coffee while reading this! LOL! Ok, you don't have to drink coffee while reading this, but I just thought I'd throw that out there! ;) I know some of you are thinking "Sheetz is just a gas station!", but it's so much more in my opinion and there's not any in New Bern. It's a treat to me and every chance I get to Raleigh to visit my dad or am near one I have to stop!! I guess you can say I'm a little obsessed, but once you try their iced coffee or coffee in general, you will be as well! It's cheap and good food, too! Ok, on with the LO! The main PP is Best Occasions Jewel Punchout Pack and the ribbon at the top is American Crafts Premium Ribbon that I believe I bought at JoAnn's (or I could have bought at TJMaxx or Michaels, I've done a lot of shopping for scrap supplies lately). The picture mat is Recollections Fashionably Chic. The rest of the LO I took close-ups of. So here we go:
This is a cutting file from KaDoodle Bug Designs (http://www.kadoodlebugdesigns.com/) that I actually found off of Facebook, but I can't remember who posted it on Facebook, but I have to give credit to KBD since I used their file- 10 Things I Love About You! Here are my Top 10! ;) 1. Iced Mocha MarshMello-OH! (it's the best) 2. CHEAP 3. Good deals 4. Fun 5. Good doughnuts 6. Great soft drinks 7. Cheerwine (my all time favorite soft drink) 8. Can't Get Enough! 9. #1 Makes Me Hyper and 10, Family Got Me Hooked!  LOL! I literally drink my iced mocha before we are out of the parking lot most of the time, it's THAT GOOD! I usually just get a small, too! LOL! Who knows what might happen if I get a larger size! ;)
 The coffee in a glass sticker is Recollections Dimensional Stickers. Their iced coffee doesn't come in a glass like this, but in a plastic cup like at Dunkin Donuts or Starbucks, but this is the closest I could find on this set of stickers! "The Sweetest Thing" circle is a Studio Calico Wood Veneer that I adhered with ZOTS.
This coffee bag is also from the same Recollections Dimensional Stickers collection and I added Jim Holtz Distress Stickles Vintage Photo and some bling since I took the coffee cup that off that was beside the bag to add to another project I made and to accent the Coffee bag. The Stickles smeared a bit, but it's ok, you'll see why on the doughnut!
 "YEAH YEAH YEAH" is also a Studio Calico Wood Veneer. You also see the iced coffee glass again.
The coffee bean is from Recollections Dimensional Stickers collection. Here's the fun part about this LO! The doughnut is actually a Donote or a part of Donotes 3 Note Pades that I was given for Christmas and I cut the middle out to have a whole for the doughnut and then added 3 different colors of Stickles- Stickles Pink, Jim Holtz Distress Stickles Dusty Concord (Lavender), & Stickles Gold! At first, it was all puffed up like puff paint, but I knew I had to take it home and didn't have anything to put it in so it wouldn't get messed up, so I made it shabby chic with a napkin! It actually looks better in the picture that it does in person! My flash made it look sparkly! Love it!

Last pic before going on to the next LO! The tag is from my stash that Niki gave me. The heart is Martha Stewart Living from Mrs. Gloria, and the ribbon is 3GirlJAM (http://www.3girljam.com) Cherry Lipstick crinkle ribbon. I stuck it in the corner with Scotch double sided tape and actually finished up my double sided tape on this LO! I have plenty of ZOTS and will be getting more double sided tape soon! Onto my next LO!
This PP fits with this picture, because my grandmama loves flowers! The PP is Recollections Cherry Blossoms that I found at my crop as I did with the Recollections Fashionably Chic. We were allowed to share our supplies and I shared my Stickles with several ladies! They had never seen Stickles before so that was a treat for me to share! :)
This gold heart is Heidi Swapp that I stamped on the LO with ColorBox Pigment Stamp Pad Gold. The stamp can be used on either side, since it is clear! I noticed when I put it back in the packaging the design is reversed from how it's shown here! I t hought I took a better picture of the tag journaling, but I guess I didn't. It's K&Company Tim Coffey Cottage Garden Journal Tag Pad and I added American Crafts Premium Ribbon- Spring Pink/Butterflies with a green brad that comes in a set that might be K&Company, but I don't have the manufacturer's name, Mrs. Gloria gave the set to me. To see a better picture of the tag, scroll up to the original LO and you can see that I wrote that in the picture is (from left to right) Uncle Zane Grey, Grandmama Farrow, and Uncle Bill at Tim & Leia's wedding May 25, 2013. I added a pearl string underneath to cover up a mistake. The stickers around the picture are from my stash, I lost the original packaging, but they are (counter clockwise) "Grandma", "mother", "Uncle", "sister", "together", and "grandparents" to represent what each person in the picture is. Again, if you scroll up to the original LO pic you can see them better.
This title "Forever Young" is from a vellum book that I bought from TJMaxx that I can't seem to find right now, but it fits my grandmama and her brothers! Even though they're getting up in age, they will always be "forever young" in their hearts and attitudes! They all 3 have lots of spunk! I used Scotch 3M Invisible Glue Stick to adhere the vellum since I didn't know about Robin's awesome XYRON Create A Sticker Maker- the big one that I did use to adhere the purple background paper which is Prima Marketing Moulin Rouge Collection 6x6 paper stack. The little flowers are also charms that I added with the same glue stick. I thought the charms added some dimension to the layout and a special touch!

this butterfly charm I adhered with the glue stick again and here you can see this beautiful paper up close :) It reminds me of the Cherry Blossom trees you see in spring and I believe my Grandmama may have one in her yard!
The family stamp is Close To My Heart My Acrylix D1025 All You Need collection that I stamped with Versa Fine Onyx Black Pigment Ink. I actually have a friend, Shannon Mills, that just recently started selling Close to My Heart. Here's her consultant web site: http://shannonmills.ctmh.com/Default.aspx if you would like to purchase any CTMH items from her! I've already looked around and thought of buying some stuff from her soon! I know you all are waiting to here about the blue bundle at the bottom! It's a Pinque Peacock ( https://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/PinquePeacock) Splendid Swirl and I added 2 angel stick pens, also Pinque Peacock to represent their 2 deceased siblings- my Great Uncle Norwood or "Uncle Buddy" (blue) and their sister that died when she was 12, Anna Omega (pearl). I was thinking they had another sibling, but I was thinking of their uncle that was like a brother to them since he was so close to their age. Now onto my new TOY!
I bought this We R Memory Keepers Lucky 8 Punch from TJMaxx aka work this past Saturday and it was the only one we had! I saw it last Wednesday when I worked and when I saw it still there this past Saturday I thought, I better buy it if I really want it! I've played with it a little and LOVE it! I can't wait to use it in my scrapbooking and card making! It's 3 punches in one, but can be used 8 different ways. It's huge and heavy, but was worth the $14.99 I spent on it!  Now onto my latest SMASH book entry. I just bought the Eco Style SMASH book from work and bought a K&CompanySMASH Modern Gusseted Pockets set of 3 from Michaels.

I added a Printable Journal Tag that I found on Pinterest from http://www.misstina.com  you + me= awesome and wrote My Afternoon w/ Lisa with American Crafts Chromatics Grape Raisin Rouge Alcohol Blending Marker set of 3 that I found at Michaels this past Saturday on clearance for $2!! I can't wait to use these some more in my crafting! I wrote the date Jan 9, 2014 using the same marker set. The SMASH book comes with a black ink pen/crayon and glue stick combo so I used the pen to write in the rest of the month so it wouldn't look weird just having a 9 by itself in the calendar block. I then added the folder from the SMASH set that I bought from Michaels. I had to buy this set separate since we don't sell the little pads that you use with each color appropriate SMASH book at TJM. I'll have to look at Target or maybe Walmart since SMASH is popping up everywhere now! I included my Walmart receipt and Chinese fortune since that was the only memorabilia I have to show from the afternoon. There's no limits as to what you can SMASH! On the left page, I added Lucy Rigg 8.5x11 stationery paper that Ashley (http://marinewifesscrappinlife.blogspot.com/) gave me as a RAK from Scrappin-n-Chattin. She has an Anything Goes Challenge going on right now with Through the Purple Haze so be sure to stop by her blog and let her know I sent you if you do. The journaling page is Prima Marketing Moulin Rouge 6x6 Paper Pack and I wrote that "We ate lunch at China Garden Buffet and sat there for almost 3 1/2 hours! LOL! The bus boy kept walking by us & I was afraid he was gonna throw us out, but he didn't! We both needed the time to talk & listen! Then we went to Walgreens, saw the photo machines were down & went to Walmart. I developed pictures & we both had to get other things as well. See Walmart receipt & fortune from China Garden (just for fun keepsakes)! :)" We both love purple so that's why I chose both papers and the purple markers. The Friends: a Rare & Wonderful Jewel sticker is K&Company Life's Little Occasions Friendship Sticker Medley and all 6 are dimensional. I'll use the other 5 later on future projects.The Having a Happy day sticker is K&Company Emma Rose Word Embossed Stickers and the Keeping Secrets sticker is Sticko Best Friends. I didn't realize how many K&Company products I have! It is cheap and very versatile! Oh, my fortune is: "Do you believe? Endurance and persistence will be rewarded." While I have your attention, many of you have been following along with updates about my dad. He's HOME! He went home Saturday and is on a soft diet until further notice. He can't eat spicy or greasy foods. I spoke to him Saturday night for a minute and a half on the phone, but that was long enough to know that he's home and doing better! He's still weak and will improve eveyday I'm sure! The only thing I've heard he ate today was a PopTart for breakfast, but I'm sure he's eaten more since then. That was via text from my sister, Emily. She's working now and I'm not gonna bug Tammy as to what he eats. Please continue praying for him as he recovers. Also pray for my granddaddy (his dad) as he has Alzeheimer's and tried to climb out a window this morning and threw a fist up at my aunt, his caretaker. Please pray for him, my grandmama, and my aunt as they don't know what to do with him. He is probably fine now, but his mind wanders and he will be 90 this July. It sounds like they may have to put him in a nursing home, but that will be the last resort. Sorry this was long winded and TFL!

5 comments:

ScrapYourWorld said...

wow you have been working hard girl on those LO's!!! I loved reading all about what inspired you to make your pages!!! I can see all the LOVE that flowed all over those pages!! I loved how you used the Pinque Peacock stick pins to represent the special people that had passed.
Great job
Paula Driver
ScrapYourWorld

Shannon said...

Great job on your layouts! I'm going to have to try a smashbook sometime! I might have to make a trip back to our Michael's before they close and see if they still have any left on sale!

Noteable Scraps said...

I was drinking coffee while I read! Love the LOs!! Can't wait to get together and scrap again in Feb! :-)

Unknown said...

Love all the embellies you added! What a cute project!

Unknown said...

Amanda you have a lot of new cool crafty supplies. Love all your projects... gorgeous! You put a lot of thought into the details too. And who knew? You are an iced coffee crazed crafter.... lol! Thanks for using the Splendid Swirl and Angels from Pinque Peacock for such a wonderful representation of your loved ones who have departed. Crafty Hugs!

A Day At the Beach

I made this card for a swap yesterday and am just getting around to blogging about it. I'm entering this card in  The Sisterhood of Craf...