Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Altered Journal Cover

I just received this Unity Stamp Company (http://unitystampco.com/) Fashionistas Alexis stamp in the mail today and thought I would use it on this notebook and have never used this coffee sticker set. I bought the notebook from Target in their dollar section about 8 years ago and have just about filled it up. I consider it my "brain" (lol) I have written recipes, scrapbook ideas, addresses, and all kinds of things in it. I keep it by the computer so it's my "Go to Notebook"! The bling that I used on Alexis was actually on the cover so I decided to reuse them after I took them off the cover! I thought that Alexis looked like she was ready to go shopping and remembered I had these coffee stickers and coffee is always good to drink when you're going shopping! I used Stickles Waterfall on the purse, her belt, top, and to highlight the dots that are apart of the stamp. I actually covered the Stickles on her purse with bling and used it as glue for the bling on the purse, belt, and her top! I used various markers to color her in. I dug into some of my stepsister's markers that she doesn't use anymore to find a flesh colored marker- Rose Art. I might be using that marker more often! :) They were under a book shelf in her room and abandoned so they must not be of any use to her since she's away at college! The green paper I believe I bought at Michaels, but I don't remember the collection name. The yellow circle paper reminded me of coffee stains and that paper was a RAK that I received from Niki with the bag of scrap goodies she gave me about a year ago. I still have lots left! The Coffee Shoppe and Mug stickers are Recollections Signature Dimensional Stickers. I used Ross Washable School Glue to glue the green paper to the cover and I cut out around the spiral binding with scissors so it would look better and so the journal could open better. I didn't want to put too much on the cover to take away from the green paper. I wish the coffee mug sticker wasn't so big, but I put it farther away from the shoppe to make it look like it was waiting on Alexis!  I will be posting a post tomorrow or maybe this weekend showing some Christmas cards I made yesterday afternoon! I have a busy 3 days ahead of me! I have to work tomorrow afternoon, am going to the NC State Fair Friday to see MercyMe in concert, and Saturday I'm helping out with our church's Fall Festival! Maybe I better wait to post the Christmas cards on Sunday so I can tell about my day at the fair and the concert! TFL and have a great weekend! :)

2 comments:

ScrapYourWorld said...

love the Notebook. You did a fabulous job fixing up that shopaholic :)
have fun at the fair, I went Tuesday and had a lot of fun. Big hugs
Paula

lady jasmine crafts said...

Fabulous thanks for joining us for the A H design blog hop xx

Growing In Unity Day 5

 Welcome back to the last day of my Growing In Unity week. I have enjoyed this week and all your kind comments. For my last card, I chose th...