Friday, January 28, 2011

The Paper Variety's Latest Challenge

The Paper Variety's (http://thepapervariety.blogspot.com/) challenge for this week is Friendship Challenge. I chose the title "faithful friend", because Cing has always been a faithful friend to me! She has always set me straight whenever I needed it! LOL!  The quote states that "A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart & can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words. -author unknown." I think this is true, because she has always told me what I needed to do in life if I wasn't doing them! We also used to love to sing together while she played the guitar in our room! The journaling states that "Cing & I were roommates at Johnson Bible College from 1995-1996. We both went back for Homecoming in 2005. I took the picture of Cing holding Zachary up facing Andrea. She took the picture of me in the pink outfit! Her husband, Carson, is in the red shirt at the table. We try to keep in touch either online, by mail, or on the phone as much as possible!" I chose this journaling block because she lives in Illinois and I live in North Carolina. She is orginally from Burma. The main 12x12 page is from Marcella by K Birthday Paper Pad that Maxine, a friend of mine gave me last weekend. The blue and purple background photo mats are also from her, but K & Company Assortments. Please join me on The Paper Variety's blog (see link above) for this challenge! There's a quote that they suggested to use on the LO, but I chose a favorite quote I've been wanting to use. Be looking for another post from me tomorrow. I have a 24 Hour Challenge to participate with Scrappin-n-Chattin (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/scrappin-n-chattin/messages)!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute LO & story !

patti west said...

hi Amanda! So nice of you to do a lo about your friend. I used that quote on a card I recently made. :) Sweet lo!! Thanks for playing @The Paper Variety. :)

Beeceecreativity said...

great LO and ditto to the story

April said...

This is great Amanda! Love the patterned paper you chose...
- April

XXOO AMY said...

such a beautiful layout! love the title! Thanks for playing along with us at TPV

mindy gallagher said...

hello amanda! this is so sweet! great story too. thanks so much for playing with us at TPV! hope to see you back next week!!!

Noteable Scraps said...

Love the LO! Bible college friends are friends forever!! :)

A Day At the Beach

I made this card for a swap yesterday and am just getting around to blogging about it. I'm entering this card in  The Sisterhood of Craf...