Friday, January 14, 2011

2 Pg Celebrate LO



I did this 2 pg LO for Scrappin-n-Chattin (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/scrappin-n-chattin/) for the Celebrate Challenge. My Great Great Uncle Esper has never had a birthday party that he could remember, so his granddaughter, Joanna, made sure he had a surprise party for his 93rd birthday! I forgot to include a pic of him on the LO because I forgot to print out the pic that I took of him. I also have a pic of the pigs that everyone picked at, it was dinner and then birthday cake and other desserts afterwards. He loves boiled peanuts, so that's why they were beside the birthday cake. I used a Unity stamp- "Life is like a bowl of STRAWBERRIES you never know how ripe you're gonna get." from the Berry Good Life stamp set I received from a blog hop or a blog giveaway a while back. It's to the right of the birthday cake pic. I loved the bday cake candles that were used as decorations and wanted to take a pic of them! I kinda waited until they were cleaning up to take a pic of the candles, but they didn't seem to mind! The pics on the 2nd pg are of the decorations on each table and my grandmama talking to her brother-my Great Uncle Zane Grey and my mom. The ribbon was tied around the napkins to hold the plasticware inside, I decided to save it for the LO! The balloons/gift block I put in my Zyron sticker maker and put it in wrong, so the stickiness is on the outside and I ended up using a glue stick to adhere the sticker to the page. I'll look at the tape the next time I use it! The letters used to make the title "Happy Birthday" are from an Alphabet book of different "fonts" I have. The photo backings are from my goodies from Nikki In Stitches. I love giveaways! :) The purple brad holding the ribbon on the journaling block "Party Time" are from my Bottle Swap from Scrapbook Challenges (http://scrapbookchallenges.ning.com/) from Debi. The Celebrate sticker is from a Basic Occasion collection I received from my stepsiblings one Christmas and the dunts hat is leftover from Tyler's 1st birthday stickers. The block I messed up on I cut out of a Birthday 8x8 book I bought. The ink pens are Creative Memories.

I'm rambling about my LO, because I'm worried about a friend who's in the ER right now with stomach pains, throwing up, and chills. I pray it's just the flu. She thinks she ate too much junk food and it has messed her system up. I would normally be in bed by now, but am wide awake from worrying about her. Please pray for her or keep her in your thoughts. Her name is Maxine. Thanks and thanks for looking at my LO!

2 comments:

Noteable Scraps said...

Love the LO! Praying for your friend!

Salnclts said...

Thanks, Debbie! She was told she might be a diabetic, but she doesn't think she is. She decided she's going to eat like one just to make sure her blood sugar stays down.

A Day At the Beach

I made this card for a swap yesterday and am just getting around to blogging about it. I'm entering this card in  The Sisterhood of Craf...