Saturday, July 21, 2018

Growing In Unity Blog Hop


Welcome to the Growing in Unity Blog Hop! Here's the line-up in case you get lost:
1 Amanda Rhodes http://www.salnclts76.blogspot.com
2 Michelle Peters Kister https://madebymk.blogspot.com/
3 Iona Unny https://craftynomad.blogspot.com/

4 Cindy Gress Messer https://inlovewithpaper.blogspot.com/
5 Vickie Yeakley https://stuffbyvickie.blogspot.com/
6 Eileen Mathys www.inkedbyeileen.blogspot.com
7 Stasia Sloma https://www.stampzone.blogspot.com
8 Laura Mooney https://happinessequalscreation.blogspot.com


I must say this is a first for me being first in a blog hop! I haven't used Gina and Me set yet so I decided to make a card using it. The 2 girls, the butterfly, and the sentiment inside are all from the Unity Gina and Me stamp set. I colored the butterfly and the girls in with various sets of colored pencils and accented them both with Gelly Roll Metallic Silver and White pens. The card is Pink Paislee Wild Child 04 Double Sided Paper cut to A2 size (4 x 5.5 in). The butterflies I fussy cut from One Canoe Two Hazelwood Flock Double Sided Paper- both papers can be found at Paper Issues. The word "Smile" is from Jillibean Soup Hampton Art Word Veneer Words. I just added Scotch Permanent Adhesive to it to hold it down along with all the other stamped images and butterflies. I used Versa Fine Onyx Black pigment ink on all the stamps except the butterfly I used Ranger Tim Holtz Shaded Lilac Distress Ink. I also used a Tim Holtz platform the first time on this card, well here at home. I made more last week on vacation, but with Stampin' Up stamps. I'll share those cards in another post.

Close-up of inside. I just added a piece of the pink striped side so I can write a message before I give it to a friend this week. We've never taken a selfie together, but she just had surgery recently so I made this an a thinking of you card and we do always have fun just enjoying each other's company!

Go to Michelle's blog next and enjoy the rest of the hop! Please come back again this week to see the cards I made with Stampin' Up and feel free to become a follower so you can find my blog easier. Have a great day!

27 comments:

Eileen Mathys said...

Great card! I have so many stamps that have never seen a drop of ink and so many that I reach for every time! I need to shake things up a little every once in a while... yet those Unity freebies get me every time.

ionabunny said...

Really cute girl image. Love the stripes. Hugz

Maria said...

What a fun card and cute image! I love the way you used the pattern papers. Thank you so much for being a GIU gal!

Denise S. said...

Cute card and I love how the inside is decorated.

Vickie Y said...

Adorable! I like the way you designed the inside, too.

Joyce Verdon said...

Very cute card...love the patterned paper!

Angie M said...

So cute! Love the patterned paper you selected to use too.

Becca Yahrling said...

Sweet card! Love those selfie girls and the butterflies are a really
lovely accent. Your friend will love it. :-)

Jhays said...

Those stripes are amazing. Great job!

Mary Ann said...

Love those girls and the striped background is great!

foleysfriend said...

I'm sure your friend will love your card. The image of the "two of you" together is a strong reminder of your friendship.

sue

scrappin' GA peach said...

Such a sweet card!!

Glennis F said...

A lovely card, I am sure your friend will be delighted

Sandra said...

Beautiful card, your friend will love it!!

Cynthia said...

Fun card, Amanda.

Dawn Fields said...

Such a fun card sure to cheer up your friend!

Wilma DeG said...

I just love your card!!

Lorraine said...

This is really a sweet card.

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love your card- so fun and nice for your friend! I love pink, so really enjoy your colors of DP : )

Cindy Holmes said...

AWWWW what a sweet card! I really love your coloring!

Crystal O. Minkler said...

Cute card! The stripe background is great! I love this stamp too... reminds me of a picture I took with my sister before selfies were a thing.

Liz Williams said...

A fun card and the stripes add to the fun!

Melanie buecker said...

I love this stamp! I have to add it to my wish list! Would be great for friend cards! Love how you did the inside also! Thanks for sharing!

Sue D said...

Very cute design inside and out.

Denise Bryant said...

Love this Gina and Me stamp! Pretty card!

Brianna J said...

I love the paper piecing! This is so bright and fun.

Joyce Verdon said...

Cute card inside and outside!

A Day At the Beach

I made this card for a swap yesterday and am just getting around to blogging about it. I'm entering this card in  The Sisterhood of Craf...