Friday, December 15, 2017

December A Year of Card Techniques Stamp Your Background Blog Hop


Welcome to the



Welcome to A Year of Card Techniques Blog Hop where each month we feature a different card technique. We’ve assembled a team of card makers who range from new to advanced, so you’ll see a great variety of cards and ideas. This month we’re going to stamp our own background for a unique customized look.  Hopefully, we’ll inspire you to try one yourself.  If you would like to check out our past technique hops, you can do that here:
Our amazing sponsor this month is
Claudia Henderson of Close to My Heart
Please take a moment to check out her store here.
And the awesome prize this month is:

We really appreciate feedback, so please leave a comment on each of the blogs in the hop today. 
 Since this is our last A Year Of Card Techniques hop and the holiday season is just around the corner,
we are going to give you some extra time to hop!  The winner will be announced on
 Saturday, December 30, 2017 on A Piece of (my) Heart’s blog, so be sure to check her blog on Sunday.
 The winner will have until January 6, 2018 to claim their prize.  If you would like to be notified
 by email, please leave your email address in the comments.
You should have arrived here from Wilma- https://stampintotheoldies.blogspot.ca/2017/12/background.html 
 If you're visiting here first, you might want to start at the beginning so you don't miss a thing and increase your chances of
winning by commenting on each blog.
I followed a tutorial on YouTube-Stamping A Background to make my card.
I used a small Post-It note where the sentiment is as my masking square. 
The gingerbread stamps- clothes and decorations- are Recollections Christmas Noel and the gingerbread
die at the bottom also came with it. I use Recollections kraft paper to cut it using
my Cricut. I used Recollections Christmas Noel paper to cut the dress- another die- that came
with the stamp set. I used a black Sharpie to draw the face and bends in arms/legs of the
gingerbread doll. I used VersaColor Ultimate Pigment Ink 301 Noel on all the stamps except the jumpsuit and the sentiment. 
I used Stampin' Up! Old Olive Classic Stampin' Pad on the jumpsuit and VersaFine Onyx Black Pigment Ink on the sentiment.
The sentiment is from a Christmas stamp set from my stash- I was given the stamp set without the original packaging.
I used a green Sharpie to draw a box around the sentiment.
Now you’re off to visit with Jodie- https://stampin-jodie.blogspot.ca/2017/12/a-year-of-card-techniques-december-2017.html .
Hope you had fun and thanks for stopping by.


Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Here’s the full line-up in case you get lost:
Claudia
Debbie
Wilma
Amanda
Jodie

7 comments:

Claudia Henderson said...

Cute card Amanda, love how you used different stamps and colors to create your background. Thank you for hoping along with us this year.

Golden Goddess Designs said...

what fun! love it!

Alicia

stamp-color-and create said...

Fun card, Amanda. You did a great job. Thanks for participating in the AYOCT hops this year!!

Sharon
A Piece Of (my) Heart Blog
**Make sure to visit my blog to grab some really great FREE Digi Sentiments.**

Debbie Bonczek said...

Love all the different stamped elements in your background. Great hopping with you.

Wilma said...

Good idea to mask off an area for your sentiment. Thanks for sharing that tip.

Girl_Scout_Belle said...

Out of the hundreds of YouTube videos on background stamping, I would never have found: "Andreea DiyCraftyScraps" without your help! Thanks for your link to her 2016 video that has such clear directions!

Katydid Cards said...

So cute. This card just shouts Holly Jolly Christmas! Merry Christmas to you. I hope you have a wonderful time!

A Day At the Beach

I made this card for a swap yesterday and am just getting around to blogging about it. I'm entering this card in  The Sisterhood of Craf...