Thursday, June 9, 2016

Balloons Make the Day...


I used the sketch above from UNITY {show & tell} to make this card. The challenge ended at noon today and another challenge started.

I used a 5.75" x 8.75" envelope as my pattern to cut out the card base so I'm sure the card will fit in the envelope. The card base is K&Company Que Sera Sera Designer Paper, I won the blue paper that I cut in strips from Girls, Giggles, Glitter, & Glue- it's a private group as is the Unity group, but you can request to join both groups. Whenever you follow a sketch posted by Unity, you have to use one of their stamp sets. I used Evelyn Girl. I colored in the balloons and Evelyn Girl with Spectrum Noir Essentials Professional Colored Pencils. I used VersaFine Onyx Black Pigment ink to stamp the sentiment and the image. I added a piece of the K&Company Que Sera Sera Designer Paper for the base of the sentiment and used a pair of decorative scissors to make it look frilly. The heart is a Simple Stories DIY Boutique Decorative Brad. I love following sketches when I make cards, because I make them a lot faster. I'm not sure if I will keep this card or use it in a swap coming up. I have a few other projects that I have made recently that I need to blog about and may not get to those until next week. I have a busy weekend ahead with work at TJ Maxx and church. TFL!

1 comment:

renee said...

Great card. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Congratulations Winners

      Congratulations to Teresa Godines and 2 suns- winners from my GIU week last week. Please email Kelli Haglund (kelli@unitystampco.com) ...