Monday, April 23, 2012

I Am The Oldest Child


I made this LO following the above sketch for SNC's April MLC (Monthly Layout Contest). The masking is the Heidi Swapp heart stamp with Skipping Stones Designs "I love you" stamp in the middle on Authentique Gathering 6x6 Bundle Collection. The 3 circles are Studio G- ladybug, bird, & flower with heart in the middle. The "I am" in my title is true "I AM THE OLDEST CHILD!" I am the oldest child of 5- one sister, 2 stepsiblings, and then a half brother. I don't consider Tyler, half, even though he is! Dustin is my stepbrother. Haylee is my stepsister and graduates from high school this year, so there might be more LOs of her coming soon! :) I used Color Box Cat's Eye Fluid Chalk Ink Pad Aquamarine to accent the title, American Crafts Blue Ink pen, Inkessentials Glossy Accents by Ranger, all on a small K&Company paper  square.  The blue in my LO is the main background- K& Company/K-Ology Blue, Teal, & Green Flora FlatPaper. I also used Authenique Gathering for the pic mats. The LO was intended to be about me and Emily, but ended up being about me, Emily, & Dustin. The journaling  (on Autum Leaves Wellies & Brellas 3d Embellishments) states that "Emily likes teddy bears & cats & I collect lighthouses! Cape Hatteras is my favorite! Dustin taught her how to play Washer Toss!" Dustin likes to bring games home for us to try. I haven't played the game yet, but took pictures when they first played it! The little vellum strip at the bottom states "May the memories we give record the life that we live." It's from DCWV Color Quote Stack that I bought from TJ Maxx. The Cape Hatteras lighthouse patch was in a mug that I bought from Hallmark years ago and the mug broke after washing it so much. It was actually an insulated tumbler, but looked like a mug b/c it had a handle. The pic of the throw was taken while it was on her bed when we lived in Tryon Estates Townhouses in 2000.

It took me awhile to do this LO, because I've never tried masking! I had everything done this past Friday except for the masking! I thought the title was a form of masking, but realized it wasn't. I finally looked  up how to do masking on YouTube and found something like what I did! I don't like doing a LO in 2 days, but in this case I had to! TFL!

No comments:

Congratulations Winners

      Congratulations to Teresa Godines and 2 suns- winners from my GIU week last week. Please email Kelli Haglund (kelli@unitystampco.com) ...