Thursday, December 16, 2010

My Take on Scraproom Blog's Sketch of the Week


I did this LO for Scraproom Blog (http://thescraproomblog.blogspot.com/) The title is "follow in His footsteps". It's in the top right corner under the sun turned diagonally.I chose that since Carson is a preacher! The journaling states that "Carson was the preacher at Clay City Christian Church from 2004-2009 in Clay City, IL." He's in his truck in the top left pic. He's still a preacher, but preaches in West Salem, IL at his home church now! His wife, Cing, was my roommate at Johnson Bible College from 1995-1996. They got married in 1997. I was a bridesmaid in their wedding. I had gone to visit them in 2006 when these pictures were taken. I'm not sure what the big purple bush is, I thought it was pretty, so I took a picture of it! I don't know flowers that well. The sticker in the middle says "God's Word gives light." I was just sitting here thinking and all of my roommates got married after they roomed with me except for one. The ones that did get married got married not long after we were roommates! My first roommate is still single and we still keep in touch. I have kept in touch with all my college roommates except one. I didn't mean to get off on a tangent! LOL! I also decided to use this LO as the Scraplift LO for Scrappin'-n-Chattin'. Here's the first LO I scrapped in 2006.
I like the newest LO better! :) There's too much on the older one! I no longer have the stencil I used on the older LO. My time is flying by. I have to be to work at 2. If you can't read anything on the last LO, just leave me a comment please. TFL!

2 comments:

Noteable Scraps said...

Hey! I thought you went to MACU. Did you go there and JBC? Did you know Kelly Burkholder Fulcher at JBC? Probably not, she graduated in '94. Trying to think who else I knew there at that time! :)

Salnclts said...

I went to MACU from 2001-2003. I don't recognize that name, sorry!

A Day At the Beach

I made this card for a swap yesterday and am just getting around to blogging about it. I'm entering this card in  The Sisterhood of Craf...