Saturday, March 16, 2019

Candlelight 2018




I followed the above sketch #365 from Sketches in Thyme to make the layout below.

I used Paper Studio Old World Winter Cardstock 12 x 12 paper as the background paper, the 3 stripes behind the pictures and the pieces on the side and bottom are all from another paper in the same pad. I used Recollections Christmas Holiday Village 6 x 6 Traditional Paper Pad With Treatments- all the papers are textured- behind the picture on the left. I used a piece of an 8.5 x 11 sheet from The Stamps of Life paper behind the picture on the right and the title- Candle Light 2018. The letters from the title are from ArtC Stamp and Cut Alphabet and inked with Gina K Amalgam ink using my Tim Holtz Stamping Platform. The journaling strip at the bottom is also from the striped paper- I just flipped it over to write on it. I used a red Sharpie to write in the year- 2018 on the title and journaling- Pickle Brothers Circus, (the guy is- what I have should have put) about to swallow fire & Children's Choir from North Raleigh Christian Academy at Tryon Palace December 8, 2018. It was very cold, but fun! The star paper clip at the top is from a swap. The background paper is busy enough so I decided to not add as much. The Candlelight Tour in the palace does include dancing and music, but we aren't allowed to take pictures inside the palace due to artifact laws and Tryon Palace rules. The choir was singing a capella and were very good. It is a Christmas tradition every year for my family. My mom works at Tryon Palace and she and my stepdad volunteer every year. I usually volunteer with the cards/crafts, but didn't this year. They had 2 food trucks outside the gate and a tent- The Painted Peacock- inside that had like a small café inside. The Pickle Brothers performed in another tent and shared it with another magician. The tour inside the Palace is always fun, they have a story that goes along with the entire tour. You go from room to room to see the interpreters tell their story about their part in the masquerade ball or the fact that they weren't invited. There's also a cook that gives a speech in an old timey kitchen with a wood stove. Hot cider and ginger snaps are provided after the tour and fireworks on the south lawn behind the Palace. We didn't stay for the fireworks, but heard them the next weekend. They have Candlelight 2 weekends every year and it's only from 5-9pm, but it seems longer. I know this is Christmas and kinda late, but I've been waiting for a sketch to follow and thought these pictures fit the sketch perfectly. TFL and have a great St Patrick's Day weekend!


1 comment:

Tracy F said...

Awesome job with the sketch! Beautiful Christmas page! Thanks for joining us at Sketches in Thyme!

Congratulations Winners

      Congratulations to Teresa Godines and 2 suns- winners from my GIU week last week. Please email Kelli Haglund (kelli@unitystampco.com) ...