Thursday, July 26, 2018

New Stamping Technique

I decided to make my own background on this card. The paper is Recollections Strawberry Cream 8.5 x 11 cut in half and then folded in half. The pink mat under the sentiment is also from the same collection. The stamps that I used as the background are Stampin' Up Summer Occasions that I stamped with VersaFine Onyx Black ink colored in with various colored pencils. The sentiment is from Stampin' Up Be Happy and I used the same ink/ This is the easiest card I used 6 different stamps, well 7, but the little ones I stamped about 4 times each in random places. Once I got started I realized how fun it was and kept going until it was done. I wanted to pop up the sentiment with Pop Dots, but couldn't find any in my stash so I just used Scotch permanent runner and put it off center since the most open space was in that area. This was a new stamping technique for me and I might try it again on a scrapbook page. Thanks for looking and have a great day!

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Love the background! What a cool idea!!

A Day At the Beach

I made this card for a swap yesterday and am just getting around to blogging about it. I'm entering this card in  The Sisterhood of Craf...