Friday, April 21, 2017

A Year Of Card Techniques- Stampset Showdown



Welcome to A Year of Card Techniques Blog Hop where each month we’ll feature a different card technique. We’ve assembled a team of fabulous card makers who range from new to advanced, so you’ll see a wide variety of cards and ideas.
The month of April features a Showdown! A stamp set showdown, that is. We’re using one stamp set in various ways. Let’s face it, stamp sets are getting more and more expensive; so we’re here to inspire you by demonstrating how to s-t-r-e-t-c-h those stamps!
If you would like to check out our past technique hops, you can do that here:
We have an amazing sponsor this month, Wilma Payne of Fun Stamper's Journey:

Please take a moment to check out the great products Fun Stampers Journey has to offer. To visit Wilma's blog, click here and her Facebook Group here.
And the awesome prize this month is:

We really appreciate feedback, so please leave a comment on each of the blogs in the hop today. One winner will be chosen from all comments on the hop as of April 28, 2017. The winner will be announced in our May hop; so be sure to come back next month.
You should have arrived here from Jearise's blog. If you're visiting here first, you might want to start at the beginning so you don't miss a thing and increase your chances of winning by leaving a comment on each blog.
Now for my cards on this Stamp Showdown. My post is going to be kind of lengthy, so grab your favorite beverage and sit back and relax! :)
I used Spring Flowers set from Pretty Cute Stamps. They're having a sale until Monday, April 24 on their clear photopolymer stamps and this set is on sale. The card base on the first card is Recollections A2 card base. The paper is from Colorbok Glam Girl 12 x 12 Paper Pad cut to fit the card. I stamped all 5 stamps- the sentiment, tulip, stem, pot, and butterfly on typing paper with Ranger Archival Jet Black Ink and colored them in with Recollections II Markers. I highlighted the butterfly with Gelly Roll White Ink pen. The floral washi tape at the bottom was from a lot that I bought from The Vintage Rose Emporium.
The next card I decided to use my Mint Cricut Cuttlebug and used the Mosaic embossing folder that came with it. The card base is Recollections A2 Ivory. The paper is from K&Company Amy Butler Belle 4 x 6" Mat Pad that I trimmed down to fit in my Cuttlebug as well as on the card. The green and pink/green paper are also from the same pad- I used 2 sizes of a nesting set of dies to cut these on my Cuttlebug. All of the stamps are from the Pretty Cute Stamps (PCS) set again and I colored them in with the same Recollections Markers after stamping them on typing paper with the same Ranger Archival ink. The washi tape is Scotch Expressions that I found at Walgreens.

The next card is Recollections A2 Kraft card base with Colorbok Marble 12 x 12 Paper Pad that I trimmed down to fit the card. The Doodlebug Donut Shoppe washi tape is from Craftin Desert Divas. The stamps are from the same PCS set and I used the same Ranger Archival ink and markers again.

My last card is Recollections A2 ivory card base with the same paper as above- Colorbok Marble- with the same PCS set and Ranger Archival ink on typing paper except this time I stamped the flowers in the grass and it's 8 different stamps. I used the same Recollections markers again and decorative scissors to cut around the sentiment. The bling is from my stash.




Now you’re off to visit with Lisa and I'm sure she has something awesome to share! Hope you had fun and thanks for stopping by. See you next month with another technique!
I hope you enjoyed my Stamp Set Showdown as much as I enjoyed making the cards.

Here’s the full line-up in case you get lost:

28 comments:

Katydid Cards said...

What a cute collection you've put together for us. Your cards and colors just make me thing of Spring! I always enjoy hopping with you, Amanda, and look forward to next month!

stamp-color-and create said...

Great job, Amanda. Your cards are super bright and cheery. Thanks for hopping along with the AYOCT bunch!

Sharon
A Piece Of (my) Heart Blog
**Make sure to visit my blog to grab some really great FREE Digi Sentiments.**

Wilma said...

Such pretty cards! I like the set you chose a lot. It's hard to pick a favorite, but I really like the first one with all the little flowers in the background. So nice to "meet" you!

Claudia Henderson said...

Great ideas Amanda and so cute results. I had to laugh about the lengthy post...I had the same problem LOL. Colorful and so full of life, a hop well done :-) I hope you had fun and thank you for joining out little adventure and hopping along with us. Looking forward to next month

Denise S. said...

Cute cards perfect for Spring.

Candy Spiegel said...

These are so cute! Thanks for sharing!

Ronda's Paper Creations said...

Cute cards, perfect for spring. I love the marbling.

JenniferE said...

Pretty cards! Great colors, love the flowers!

Tiggerscraps said...

Very pretty

lorby said...

Very pretty cards. They are all so "springy." Perfect for this warm weather we're having.

Salnclts said...

Thanks for all the comments! I love this set and have lost it temporarily. It's in craft supplies hiding. Lol! I'll find it when I don't need it as it always happens. 😊

lorby said...

Very sweet cards. It was a pleasure to hop with you as usual.

Golden Goddess Designs said...

sweet cards Amanda! thanks for sharing

Alicia

Meraj Zaidi said...

Beautiful cards... :) BL

phamil said...

Cute cards! I love FSJ!!! BL

Camille Short said...

I love the stamp set and what beautiful cards. Bloggie Love

Anonymous said...

What a nice assortment of cards; great job!

Jean said...

SUch fun cards! Perfect for spring. bl

myself said...

Very sweet cards. Great flowers.

Laura Cox {aka scrapaddict} said...

So cute and great for Spring! BL

Debbie Bonczek said...

Love your cards. This hop is great for showing card options for one set!

Colleen said...

What a great idea, we could all use inspiration. Your cards are all very nice. BL

Nicole Robinson said...

Great cards with so many great details!! BL

Meraj Zaidi said...

Very cute and sweet cards ...lovely :) BL

Laura Cox {aka scrapaddict} said...

Some great techniques....cute cards! BL

Jean said...

Lovely cards! bl

Denise Donald said...

Sweet cards and great use of the same stamp set. Love blog hopping. BL

Meraj Zaidi said...

Beautiful Inspiration..awesome creations :) BL

A Day At the Beach

I made this card for a swap yesterday and am just getting around to blogging about it. I'm entering this card in  The Sisterhood of Craf...