Friday, May 23, 2014

Congratulations & Easter cards/SMASH entry

This is a Joy-fold card. I found the tutorial from Pinterest and (http://karonskraftykorner.blogspot.com/2012/07/something-different-2.html). A friend on Facebook, Kim, actually made a graduation card using this same fold and I thought I'd try it out! I can't wait to make more of these! It's easy to make! The hard part is keeping it closed as you can tell I used a pair of scissors to keep it down for the picture!  The orange paper is Colorbok Deluxe Textured Cardstock. Let me get back to who I made this card for first! This card is for my cousin, Caroline, who is graduating from high school on June 6. Her school colors are orange and black thus the reason for all the orange and black! Now back to the details! :) The black polka dotted paper, the congratulations sticker, the cap a the top, 2 stars, the class of sticker, and the diploma is all from MAMBI Graduation. The diploma I fussy cut out of one of the 12 x 12 PP that I have used for another card and only about a 5.5 x 12 piece of it left. The celebrate sticker and the letter stickers- FVHS for her high school name is from Colorbok 12 x12 Scrap Pack Textures. The cap/tassel stamp is Unity KOTM May 2013 Totally & Utterly Amazing using Versafine Onyx Black Pigment ink and the tassels are colored with Sharpie 80s Glam Leg Warmer Orange. I used the same Sharpie to write the year 2014 as well as my Copic Sketch.Too 100 Black. The 4 dots at the bottom between the celebrate sticker and the congratulations sticker is Stickles Star Dust. I wrote my note in the inside of the polka dot paper. I can't wait to give it to her on Saturday. I know she's gonna like it! We have a family reunion on Saturday. I'm also giving Amanda, the baby card I made for the Inspirational Thoughts Blog Hop I participated in I believe it was. She's having her first baby in June and I'm going to look at TJ Maxx for a baby gift to go with the card tomorrow! She is my step-grandfather's granddaughter and we have got to know each other in the last 3 years that they've been married. I guess the common name and the fact that she shops at TJ Maxx and she's such a sweet girl! Now for my recent SMASH entry!

These 2 pages are in my SMASH Eco Pad. I didn't add any PP since the pages already had enough color on them! I take that back I did add a piece off PP for the journaling, but I will explain that after the next picture! These 2 cards are the only cards I received this past Easter. The card on the left page is from Lisa that she made for me! I added a few embellishments to compliment the card and fill in the blank spaces! The butterfly sticker, Easter (the title), easter basket, the words "easter basket" sticker, the chick coming out of the egg, and the eggs on both pages are all MAMBI Spring 12 x 12 set. The number stickers 2014 are Basic Grey Oliver Alphabet Stickers. The ribbon on the same page is Studio G Printed Adhesive Ribbon and the puffy chick is from my stash. The card on the right page is from Robert. He bought the card obviously, but that's ok, it's the thought that counts! He included 2 clippings- Disney Muppets Most Wanted DVD promo pic with Batman on the back and then a cartoon that is hidden inside the card of a preacher standing behind a pulpit and the caption reads, 'He was always complaining about people staring at the clock. So we moved it.' LOL! He sprayed ck1 on the Muppets clipping so I can smell the type of cologne he wears! Oh, it smells so good! ;) It still has a slight hint of it a little over a month later! We both grew up watching The Muppets and still love them! The ribbon at the bottom is Bobbin Ribbon that I bought from Big Lots years ago and just recently opened it! It's pink roses because he loves roses and has a rose bush of his own in Wisconsin! I forgot to say the reason for the purple/bright floral ribbon on Lisa's side is because she loves purple! Now for the journaling strip!
The paper is My Mind's Eye Happier Six by Six Designer Paper Pad. I don't know if you can read it, I tried cropping the picture so it would show up better, but Blogger wouldn't allow it to show up that way. Anyway, I wrote- Since I'm too old for an Easter basket, I consider these cards my Easter basket! I wrote it in black ink, but can't remember right now which pen I used. I love SMASHing my cards and did these differently since I only received 2. TFL and have a great Memorial Day weekend!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Amanda, your Joy Fold card turned out great!! Glad I could be of some inspiration.

Congratulations Winners

      Congratulations to Teresa Godines and 2 suns- winners from my GIU week last week. Please email Kelli Haglund (kelli@unitystampco.com) ...