Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Christmas with the family

This past Friday night was my crop or Scraps & Cards Night at my church. I completed the above layout that night and started the next one. The paper is Recollections Bright and Jolly as is the title banner. The pictures are of my grandmama's Christmas tree as the tag states. The red picture mat is Recollections Butterfly Wings and the green are from the same Bazzill Kiwi Crush Cardstock. The Christmas stickers are all from the same collection, but I have lost the original packaging. The tag is Studio G that I got from Vicki's stash at the crop. The ribbon is Bobbin Ribbon that I bought from Big Lots for $0.75 and is almost gone. The Christmas tree is from a Christmas stamp set that Mrs. Gloria gave me, but I don't know the manufacturer. I didn't make this LO busy like I normally do. My grandmama's Christmas tree was so big that I took several pictures of it, but wasn't thinking when I did so! I must have been thinking I could make a collage out of the pictures! LOL!

This is a close-up of the title.

 I started this layout, but didn't get to finish it until today. The paper is Be Blessed Scrapbooking Signature Watercolor Collection Love and the Peace and Joy tags are also from the same collection that I won from Helen (http://byheleng.wordpress.com) as a prize from Scrapping Everyday Miracles (http://www.scrappingeverydaymiracles.blogspot.com). The ribbon is Bobbin Ribbon- 'tis the season to be jolly- was also $0.75 at Big Lots- both bought years ago. The stars were punched with a hand star punch just like a hole punch, but it punches stars.The turtle sticker is Recollections stickers that are all baby themed. The flower sticker is from a family collection, but I lost the original packaging. The tags are punches that I borrowed at the crop. The brown tag & teddy bear was punched from a 12 x 12 coffee/brown cardstock. The other 2 tags are punched from American Crafts Dots & Stripes 6 x 6 paper pad that I bought from TJ Maxx. The 4 ornaments together is an EK Success Border Punch that I punched from the Dots & Stripes pad, also. The picture mats on the right are Dots & Stripes and the 2 on the left are Colorbok Heidi Grace Designs Jolly & Bright Mini Dots Double-sided Cardstock that I bought from JoAnn's. I placed a flower eyelet in the middle of the teddy bear to give it some color. I set it with my Making Memories Tool Kit II- the mallet and an eyelet setter. The bling in the corners and the green waterspots/bling are from my stash- don't have the original packaging. The ornament stamps are from another Christmas collection that Mrs. Gloria gave me. I used Colorbox Gold Pigment Stamp Pad on the bigger ornament and Martha Stewart Crafts green (not sure of the shade)- the ink is like Cat's Eye shaped and is stacked in 2 different sets and I believe the green I used doesn't have a shade label on it. The Jesus is the Reason for the Season is Stampendous Jesus Season stamp that I stamped with VersaFine Onyx Black Pigment Ink. I used Stickles Star Dust, Christmas Red, Cotton Candy, Burgundy, Waterfall, and Burgundy to accent the ornaments and the flower. I used my XYRON 1.5" Create A Sticker Repositionable Adhesive to adhere all the journaling, the teddy bear, and the love/joy tags. The pictures are (clockwise) of Seth, Tim, Jonathan, & Dustin; Emily, Sara, & Seth are chillin' while Aino is taking pictures; and Jenna's playing on the floor with her mom, Brittany, watching nearby. I typed the journaling on Microsoft Word 2000 and used Lucinda Calligraphy font and used my Create A Sticker to adhere the journaling strips. The following pictures are close-ups.
 I wanted to show a close-up of the eyelet. I thought the little green bling kinda looks like a pacifier in the teddy bear's mouth!
 a close-up of the ornaments and all the Stickles

bottom ornament accented with Christmas Red Stickles

the fat Christmas ornament stamped with Colorbox Gold Pigment Ink and accented with Silver Stickles. TFL!

1 comment:

Roberta; mother of 4, GiGi to 1 said...

Love all of the details you added to your layouts and to the descriptions! Great use of the red Stickles!

Congratulations Winners

      Congratulations to Teresa Godines and 2 suns- winners from my GIU week last week. Please email Kelli Haglund (kelli@unitystampco.com) ...