Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Family Time is Good Time

I've been wanting to scrap these pics and finally got around to them! I just recently bought some Washi tape or Studio G Decorative Tape that I wanted to use and I think it goes well with this layout! The paper is also Studio G- it was a part of an autumn themed collection. It doesn't have a name, but the papers are all fall colors. The picture mats are also from the same collection. The title "Family Time is Good Time" is K&Company Emma Rose Word Embossed Stickers. I thought it fit this LO since Tyler is being so silly and my aunt is also in the top right corner who is obviously family. Everyone has always thought I should have been her daughter since I look like her and get my hair color from her. I sent this same picture to my friend, Laura, in a text and she responded, "Is that your tail?" I didn't get it at first, but looking back I see what's she's talking about! The ribbon on the journaling tag is pointing to my aunt's rear! Not what I was intending to do when I put the tag there! LOL! She would notice that!! The tag didn't look right turned sideways in the bottom right corner, so I overlapped the tag and the pictures a little. I wanted to put some washi tape in the bottom corner anyway! I also put a long strip behind the 2 pictures of Tyler on the left. This kind was only $0.99 at Walmart! I love finding good deals at Walmart on the scrapbooking aisle! The tag is K&Company Cut & Paste Tag Pad. I typed my journaling and adhered it with my XYRON 1.5" Create-A-Sticker maker using repositional adhesive (I'm glad I bought repositional, b/c I had to move the strips a few times to fit on the tag!) - "Karen came to Raleigh to be with us for Daddy's surgery. She's making her coffee before she leaves to go back home. Tyler was being silly with his toys on the kitchen floor after breakfast." This is one of the only non-floral tags in the pad! The ribbon is JoAnn Craft Essentials White/Black Papercrafting Ribbon- it's almost gone I've had it for so long that I forgot where I bought it. I know I didn't buy it from JoAnn's. You don't forget going in there! :) The charm was a RAK along with some fire charms and kitties from Sandi (http://lifeatthebeach51.blogspot.com/). I have a close-up picture of it below. The coffee cup is a Two Peas in A Bucket flair collection freebie. I tried finding the link, but can't seem to find it. They're supposed to be printed in color, but since our color ink is low- black works for now and I colored it with a Creative Memories Cocoa Fine-tip Classic pen.

Close-up of the little boy charm.
 I'm 9 followers away from my 75 follower giveaway! Maybe I will take a picture of my giveaway and make a post tomorrow and I will get my followers! I'm getting excited for the Carolina/NC State basketball game tonight! They're 2 rival colleges here in NC. I'm a Carolina fan and Carolina is on a roll- they haven't lost a game since December! Not long ago, I know, but they've played a lot of games since then. Anyway, have a great night! Go CAROLINA TARHEELS!! :)

1 comment:

Noteable Scraps said...

Love it! Next week scraps & cards! Yay!!!! :-)

A Day At the Beach

I made this card for a swap yesterday and am just getting around to blogging about it. I'm entering this card in  The Sisterhood of Craf...