Thursday, November 30, 2017

You're The Bees Knees

I made this layout for a challenge- SSQ35- with Soul Scrappers, it's a private online chat community. Most of the embellishments were mailed in an envelope from one of the design team members- the stamped jar image, the chipboard flower, the 5 blue enamel dots, the colored swirly paper pieces, the tissue paper, the washi tape, the floral image was black and white, the paint swatch, the foil paper, and the arrow paper clip. We were told to use all of the items and alter the chipboard flower, the black and white floral image, the tissue paper, and the jar. The background paper is Cocoa Vanilla Bohemian Dream Abstract and the title piece is from Pink Paislee Wild Child 12 x 12 Cut Aparts Paper 1- both from Paper Issues. I added the bug stickers in the jar from a RAK from a Facebook group. I colored the jar with Gelly Roll Metallic pen. For the tissue paper I used a Spellbinders cactus die that I cut on my Cuttlebug and then colored it with 2 shades of green Sharpies. I colored the chipboard flower with Sharpies and then glued the enamel dots and swirly paper pieces on each petal. They remind me of quilling. I colored the black and white floral image with Sharpies and used the Gelly Roll Metallic pen on the bee's wings. The picture is of my friend, Laura, sitting on the side of a man made tunnel at Grand Canyon. I decided to make this layout for her since she has challenged me to overcome my fears and has taught me a lot. I'm slowly overcoming my fears. I decided to put the foil paper and the paint swatch behind the picture as a photo mat. We were to alter to the paint swatch, too, so I cut it in half. I used a black Sharpie to write the title- You're The Bees Knees.

No comments:

A Day At the Beach

I made this card for a swap yesterday and am just getting around to blogging about it. I'm entering this card in  The Sisterhood of Craf...