Saturday, August 8, 2015

Recent Cards

I made the above card for a girl that has lung disease. She was in Duke hospital for a few weeks. She's on oxygen 24/7 and needs a double lung transplant. The digi stamp--img 038--  is from My Besties Designs by Sherry Ann Baldy. The title- Hope- I fussy cut from Be Blessed Scrapbooking Signature Watercolor Collection that I received as a prize from Helen (helengullett.com) from a challenge I participated on Scrapping Everyday Miracles. I used Recollections Butterfly Wings 4x5 squares as the background mats. I used Recollections Masterpiece II Markers, Gelly Roll White Gel Pen, and Copic Sketch Too 100 Black to color the digi. The green polka dot paper is from my stash- I don't remember which pad I used. The next 2 cards I made for an Anything Goes Blind Swap with a group on Facebook.

The card base on this card is Studio G that I found at Michaels as a set of 6 for $1! Since the card base looked like a bee hive I decided to use a Bee happy Itty Bitty stamp from Unity Stamp Company. The bee sticker and flowers are from Sticko Creatures that I bought from Wal-Mart. The background paper is from Pebbles Lakeside 6x6 paper pad that I bought from TJ Maxx (work). I highlighted the bee hive with my Copic 100 and used Versafine Onyx Black pigment ink to stamp the sentiment on a piece of the back of the same patterned paper. The twine is Hemp that I also bought from work. The bigger bee at the top is from my stash.
The card base on this card is from the same Studio G collection. I found out that the felt was on sale at Michaels so I decided to make a butterfly with the felt on this card. The shocking pink square of felt was $0.09 and the lilac square was $0.29. The clothes pin is from American Crafts Whittles clothespin collection that I also found from work. I used Frosted Lace Stickles to make the butterfly shine. The tentacles is also hemp that I bought from work- it's rainbow colors. The hello stamp is from a Pebbles Clear Acrylic Greeting Stamp set that I also bought from work. The paper is from Authentique Elegant 6x6 paper pad. I submitted these cards in a group I just recently joined- Soul Scrappers (http://soul-scrappers.ning.com/)- you have to be a member to submit anything to the group. I won the recent Card Challenge with these cards! It was Card Challenge 43. Paula recommended this group on Facebook so I decided to join. I'm glad I did!! I will be participating in a blog hop with Girls, Giggles, Glitter, and Glue this Friday, August 14-16 so please come back and hop with us! Have a great weekend and thanks for looking!

3 comments:

Helen Gullett said...

Thanks for the shout out on your blog, Amanda :) you're so sweet! Good job on the cards!

Unknown said...

Great cards Amanda!

Donna K said...

You have been very busy, Amanda! Love all three of your cards, the butterfly really tugged at my heart though. Something about those beautiful creatures. Thanks for popping by to visit me when we had the Craftin Desert Divas hop recently. Yep, that's the same ole me...I'm glad you put two and two together! Thanks for your encouragement and I hope that your week is wonderful!! xx Donna K (at Studio 307)

A Day At the Beach

I made this card for a swap yesterday and am just getting around to blogging about it. I'm entering this card in  The Sisterhood of Craf...