Saturday, July 7, 2012

Smile Graduate & Birthday SMASH Entry

 This is another LO of Haylee's graduation. The paper is MAMBI Graduation- both the striped and midde papers. The pic mats are Colorbok Deluxe Textured Cardstock Yellow (for PCHS colors- black and gold). It's the closest to gold I could find in the stack! The black & gold stars, "Graduate" chipboard as part of the title, and the gem circles are also MAMBI Graduation. The "Smile" sticker is Studio G as is the "dream" chipboard letters. The other stickers- "Congrats Grad!", the books with a cap/tassel, the gown, and the cap with a diploma are Sticko Happy Grad and the "Beautiful" and "Me & You" stickers are K&Company Poppy Seed Words Embossed Stickers. The journaling states that "Joe Warren & Haylee (are) receiving their diplomas." in the little pix and the bigger picture is of  "Haylee and I after her graduation." I printed the journaling in black & gold as well! This LO took me about 30 minutes to complete once I found all the stickers I wanted to use. I wanted to include the 2012 Recollections ribbon, but couldn't find it. I'll just put this LO with the previous one and it will be A-OK!
 My birthday was June 27th and I decided to do a SMASH Book entry to keep up with all my cards and remember my birthday! In the top left corner of the left page I decided to use Today's Favorite Playlist out of the Entertainment SMASH pad and included my favorites from the day: "'Happy Birthday' sung by Tyler (my little 4 yr old brother) on cell phone video, lunch from Subway- my choice, birthday card below from Jennifer (Julie's daughter made it) & TJ Maxx co-workers signed, and watched Dirty Dancing on VH1- I love Patrick Swayze!! (He still lives on in his movies!)" I attached the card from Jennifer & Julie with a paper fastener. I wrote "My 36th Birthday!!" and a squiggly line under it with American Crafts Candy Shoppe Collection Red, Pink, & Purple pens- my favorite colors- and used the same pens on the journal block paper. I didn't get a balloon or a party hat, but decided to include them in my SMASH book to add some color and filler! The hat is Basic Grey Life of the Party Chipboard, the flower is a Studio G Paper Flower and I accented it with Tim Holtz Waterfall & Silver Stickles, and the balloon/streamer is Sticko Birthday. I traced the gift box on Recollections Cupcake Paper using a stencil of a gift box- I got the stencils as a set from Walmart a LONG time ago and I don't remember the manufacturer! I don't have the wrap! The "Happy Birthday" ribbon is Recollections and the striped ribbon is Bobbin Ribbon. I wrote on the gift box what gifts I received for my birthday- "Hot Pink Vivitar Vivicam 7122, Pretzel M&M's, Facebook bday wishes, birthday cards online and on opposite page, Green seashell necklace & earrings set, $10, pink/green friendship bracelet, lighthouse cross stitch, Studio G scrapbook paper/stickers/stamp set, $3 off coupon from CVS (e-mail), Dairy Queen buy one get one free coupon (e-mail), and Bath & Body Works hand lotions!" I didn't write in my SMASH book that I had 2 cakes, but I did! I had a chocolate chip cookie pizza from Harris Teeter & Harris Teeter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough ice cream on my birthday and then on July 4 I had a chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting to share with my sister, Emily, since her birthday was July 4 and I didn't see my dad and stepmom on my birthday! I'll write that in later! The cake I cut out of a 12x12 sheet of Momenta Birthday Collection, and the ice cream cone is an old sticker that may be Halllmark. On the right hand page I attached a calendar pocket that came with the SMASH book (well it did when I received it as blog candy) and covered it with 2 pieces of envelopes from my cards and some Studio G butterflies paper from Studio G Variety Paper Pack that I received for my birthday and wrote "cards" on it with American Crafts Fuschia Glitter Marker and American Crafts Green with the squiggly line underneath again! I added Three Bugs in a Rug Celebrate Stickers "Make a Wish" and the same ribbons as before.
This sticker "Birthday Wishes" -also Three Bugs in a Rug-is under all the cards at the top of the right hand page. I don't like leaving white space when I scrap or in my SMASH book!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Hi my name is Katie. I found your blog through your post on the creating keepsakes page on fb! I really like your blog! great Lo's! I would love it if you would visit mine too:) thanks and keep up the scrapping! :)

Congratulations Winners

      Congratulations to Teresa Godines and 2 suns- winners from my GIU week last week. Please email Kelli Haglund (kelli@unitystampco.com) ...